1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Youth Breaks "100 straight", again and again***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ffwildcat, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

***Youth Breaks

Bring those young 'uns to the National Junior Olympics next year and see how they do shooting the international games. More than a few American Trap shooters have moved into international circles and done very well. I know one thing for sure - they'll LOVE it.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

***Youth Breaks

Bring them to the Grand. They deserve to compete. Congratulations to Zack and to Drew.

Also, congrats to you on your successful coaching.

3. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

***Youth Breaks

So that's three times in 1.5 years doing something most shooters will never do even once (I'm hung up on 99). Most impressive.

Joe

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

***Youth Breaks

That's some very impressive shooting. I started to ask if they were giving lessons but realized that they already had. LOL I've been shooting a little longer and I haven't gotten past 97. Again that is some outstanding shooting. They must also have a very good coach. Congratulations. Jackie B.

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

***Youth Breaks

Great job, and glad to see young kids shooting, period. Its people like you that will help further this sport.
    Bob S

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Congrats to Zach and drew, Awesome job guys. Gary, Good job on the coaching.

Jim

7. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

***Youth Breaks

Congrats to Coach, Zach & Drew! There is nothing better than seeing kids get out there and succeed, except to see an adult so proud he gets on here and shares not his own accomplishment but that of others. Very impressive.

Love Zach's logic with the 1100 too! The Browning XT Trap Combo unsingled is my (and my Coach's) tool of the trade, so to speak, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Looking forward to more posts about all your successes!

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

***Youth Breaks

Did Zachary Miller shoot the Ohio Stae Shoot? I remember a youth that was ON FIRE at the Ohio State Shoot, can't fot the life of me remember his name.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Well you can't do much better than 100 straight. I'll assume it's like a 99 without the pain, misery, depression, and etc.
    Good luck this weekend! Hope to see you guys down there, and in the top 10.
    -Trappy

10. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr. Charles,

While my fellow shooters at my home gun club would definitely call me a youth shooter (I am new to the sport), I am not young. At all. Dang it.

Coach started off as my teenagers trap coach, became my coach, then my husband. This trapshooting is a dangerous sport! We are now NRA/ATA registered coaches and run a program in Buffalo, Minnesota. Sounds like you're doing an incredible job in your club, great to hear.

CSJ

Sorry about the triple postings, for some reason they're all coming out like that. I'll follow up behind and delete if it keeps happening.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Zack nice shooting it takes a lot of people many years to break the first 100 sure wished I had the proper training and other tools to help when I started.

I know you have a coach that is very dedicated in seeing all of yall going to the next level good luck and maybe we will get another report on your first 200 pretty soon.

Foggy

12. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr. Charles,

You just keep bragging and keep teaching those kids. I will sit back and smile everytime I read about them. CalamitySJ is my bride. Her 1 year anniversary is tomorrow for shooting any gun. She started slow, but came on like a house of fire within weeks. She can and at times is a crack shot! She is as dedicated as I am to teaching trap shooting to the young and the "old".

CSJ took home plenty of bling from MN. State Trap Shoot and can teach trap too!
    She is just one example we have several star shooters too, and are every bit as proud as you!

There is no feeling like it when the light comes on for a youth shooter or for that matter any shooter. It makes a coach proud! I can imagine you are two shirt sizes larger and I hope you make another two sizes in Sparta! Go get um Coach. Congrats to Zack and Drew and the rest of your team! I will look for your pictures in the near future. Wood on Wood! Best of Luck,

Mark Stevens
    aka "Coach"

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Oh!...and Laying down some smack is basically saying "We kicked ass." If any other translations are needed, don't hesitate to ask me!
    -Trappy

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

***Youth Breaks

Great story coach!! Congrats to the kids and to you sir!!

Hap

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr. Charles, don't go down that road!
    Don't ask don't tell certainly hasn't worked for the army! :p
    -Trappy

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

***Youth Breaks

Mr.Charles, Kyle Beals was as hot as H*ll at the Ohio Stae Shoot hope he keeps it up, hold onto your hats fellas.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr. Charles - can Zack fly out to Maryland and give me some pointers? If so, have bring that old, clanky 1100 with him.....

Sounds like a fine young man.

Joe

18. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr Charles - Tell Zack he can just call me Joe while he's coaching me. :)

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

***Youth Breaks

Mr. Charles, as a coach you should know by now that if you aim you miss, you have to point and shoot! Can't forget the lead either!
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.