1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on a Stoeger Condor 20Ga.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 391 shooter, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Anyone here have experiance with Stoeger Condor over under shotguns?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I converted one from automatic to manual safety. My impression was that if you were using it as a hunter, not lots of shots fired, it would probably be fine, assuming it didn't have any "right out of the box" problems.

3. 391 shooter

4. 391 shooter

I won one at a NWTF Banquet and I think I am going to try and trade it for "The Judge".

The reason I asked was when I looked and opened the gun it seemed solid, but a msrp of 499.00 it just makes me think it is not durable at all.

Plus the fact of lack of response to this thread.

I agree with you wireguy, limited shooting probably ok.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

My momma taught me "If you can't say something nice......." Mark

6. 391 shooter

Ore, I got it.

7. torqueman

torqueman Member

I had a 12ga put 3000rounds though it before barrels came loose. Good field guns to walk in brush with and not mind if they get scratched. Good Luck JOE

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Do you like home grown tomatoes?

-Gary

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If you keep it, the very first thing to check is barrel regulation. Do the barrels shoot to the same POI, and POA?

These cheap, entry level over unders (Stoeger, Mossberg, Tri-Star, etc.) are notorious for the two barrels shooting different POI's, and often by as much as a foot at 30 yards.

They also have terrible triggers. Think about a Daisy Red Ryder.

I have had good luck with my Stoeger. It shoots straight, and I have put a lot of rounds through it. Its pretty simple, so I have been able to solve any problems I've had with it. I used it for skeet until I got better guns, and its killed a lot of pheasants for me.

Is it a "good" gun? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mine has served me well. If you go to the Benelli forums, you'll find a lot of folks having problems with them.

10. Slugo

Slugo Member

Junk, save your hard earned cash for something a little better...

11. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

I had the 12 gauge condor competition, it sucked. Could not keep the forearm/barrels on. Also had to send it back because the second shot would not fire.

12. Beni

Beni Member

My buddy had the field model and the comp. model and both broke the fireing pins on the botom barrel,maybe an 1100 or evan a mod.12 would be better for you..........beni

13. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I got a 20ga as a gift. I use it for Skeet with no problems. Not an expensive gun and I would not spend money getting it fixed if it broke, but it has done me fine so far.

JON

14. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAD ONE. MY SON SHOT IT IN A WINTER SKEET LEAGUE. MISFIRES, INTERMITTANT HARD TO CLOSE. SENT IT FOR SERVICE. TWO MONTHS LATER SAME THING. TOOK IT APART
    THE HAMMERS AND SPRING PINS WERE WORN OUT. SOFT STEEL. JUNK . HAD IT REBUILT
    AGAIN AND GOT RID OF IT. IT DID SHOOT WHERE POINTED THOUGH. KICKED LIKE A MULE FOR A 20GA. BOUGHT HIM AN 1100 AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.

15. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

My friend has a compitition model and won the Spring Team event in Mich. last year. 125 straight. finals in strong cross wind. He has trouble with the firing pins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.