1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

your thoughts K32 KS80 KS5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

Got a brain fart and wanting a Krieghoff, whats your thoughts on the three,
    types,K32,KS80,KS5 I now shoot a TM1 and a MX3 Spc. any advise on the Krieghoff will be helpful. thanks, Butch H

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would not go with a KS5- guys that own them want too much- if you are going to go single barrel- get a used KX5- better resale if you dont like it

If you go with a K32/K80 make sure you get a stock that fits you- the gun will never let you down but it has to fit

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I shot a KS5 Special for a long time and loved it. HUGE mistake selling it. Highly recommended. However if a K80 combo is in your budget, cant get much better than that. I am not nuts about the K32.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A 1961 Model 32 is my only tournament gun at the moment and it will not go away until I quit completely. I'd still own a KS-5 special if I had not lost the ability to shoot 500 or 600 bird weekends with 3 surgeries on the R. arm in the last 3 years. I've had to give up trapshooting over that and, thus, the single barrel gun moved on but was responsible for some of my best trapshooting years. The KS/KX guns are the most bang for the buck in my opinion and a marvelous study in function and simplicity. The K-80 is simply a considerable improvement from the M.32 and would be my current tournament gun except for my physical issues and the rightful price.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I've owned all 3, and a TM1. Don't get rid of the TM to get a KX5. All you will be out is another $3500 and you won't have a better gun.

Don't get a KX5 thinking it's a 'poor mans' K80. The K80 is heads and shoulders a better gun. The $5K you'll drop on a KX5 will buy a good condition K80 unsingle if you do a little shopping.

The 32's are fine, but get one with K80 wood. The 32's can have some galling issues, as they were not hardened. Again, the price of a good 32 will get you close to a mid 1980's K80. Don't worry about age. K80's are very easy to tighten up.

In closing, if you want to visit the gun shop every 2-3 years get a KX5 or a 32. if you want the last gun you'll ever need, get a K80.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

No offense meant, but Model 32 (they are NOT a "K32") receivers are indeed hardened - K-80 receivers are hardened to a greater degree of hardness, if that's the proper way to say that. You get the idea. Also, KS-5 and KX-5 receivers are hardened to the same degree as the K-80's. In truth, a KS/KX-5 has the potential to outlast a K-80 because there are many fewer moving parts in their actions and the ones they have are larger and more durable. K-80s, which indeed are a superb gun, have actions that are very Swiss watch-like. Your experience may differ, but I've never seen a KS/KX-5 break down. My K-80 and my Model 32s with K-80 lockwork did.

Finally, I know of Model 32s that have been fired possibly millions of times and are still going strong. Their receivers are not "soft" by any means and are no more prone to galling than that of any gun that is not properly cleaned and lubricated.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

thoughts on kreighoff ks5