1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Source for 16 Gauge Shells?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Feist Hunter, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

I recently purchased a 16 gauge Model 12 and am searching for some #8 shells to shoot a bit of skeet and hunt with. Anyone have a suggestion on a good vendor to buy these from, hopefully less than $9 a box?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Dick's would probably be your best bet if you have one near. They have Remington Game Loads for a reasonable price.

3. emallen

emallen TS Member

natchezss.com has 16 gauge rio shells 6.99 midsouthshooters.com has 16 gauge shells grafs.com has 16 gauge shells gamaliel.com has 16 gauge shells I enjoy shooting and hunting with a sixteen gauge shotgun I hope this will be some help to you I enjoy the 16ga.com

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

In Michigan, Meijer's Thrifty Acres. about $7.00 a box. I shoot one of those too and that's where I get ammo.

Chuck

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Most Wally Worlds carry 1oz in the midwest. They are Federal game loads. They also carry a 1.125 load of 6's. Ballistic Products carries several loads to add to above sources. We have a farm store chain here also named Orscheln's that have some.

If your gun is one of the old 2 9/16 chambered ones, Ballistic Products has those.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I just saw some on Sportsmans Guide....some of the cheap Remington Gun Clubs (well not really cheap but cheaper than the premium brand stuff) and they had some in the pricey Fiocchi Golden Pheasant.

As others have said, Cabelas has a good selection. For hunting, and if you want to spend a little extra $$$, B&P has 16 gauge loads (2 5/8") at around $91 (200 rounds). RST does too but their shells are 2.5" and are around $10 and some change per box.

7. emallen

emallen TS Member

can I See some pictures of the model 31 16 gauge do you have a phone number what is the best you can do on the model 31 16 gauge where are you located im in Kentucky does the model 31 have a vent rib or is it a plain barrel what year was the model 31 built

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Roger, I pm'd you on purchasing your gun lastnite. Did you get the message?

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

go 16ga.society.com the can get you anything you need for the 16ga. Bill

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Roger, you have new pm.

11. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentleman, please stay in your seats. This thread is being Hijacked!

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I usually buy a box or two at Wally World "when I see them". They sometimes carry the 1 oz. field loads in the Win. Brand.

13. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Thanks for all of the responses folks. If anyone has any for sale in West Michigan please PM me.

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I suspect Devi may be going to the Autumn Grand. :) I wish I knew you had it this winter Roger. ;(

15. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

"Thanks for all of the responses folks. If anyone has any for sale in West Michigan please PM me."

Suggest you visit 16ga.com and introduce yourself. Some MI fellas there and they all handload...you might find out you already know somebody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.