1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your singles & handicap...1 gun or 2?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzt, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I use one gun for everything. My 35" unsingle and 34" O/U barrels weigh within one ounce of one another, and swing almost identically. I have no problem switching back and forth. My only problem is the second shot of doubles. I'm a little slow getting to the second target. MY POIs are set for singles and caps, so I have to remember to hold under the second bird or I'll shoot over the top.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I use the same gun/barrel for singles and handicap. I don't make any comb/choke change between singles and handicap. I do hole a lower gun on handicap and try to shoot more aggressively. For doubles, I take off my single barrel and replace it with my O/U barrel. That seems to give me an advantage in doubles, but one time at the MD State Shoot, I won a doubles shoot off with my single barrel.

Pat Ireland

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Steve, I can understand how zzt mis-interpreted your question, and answered about switching guns for doubles, instead of singles to caps, as you had asked.

Frankly, there seems to me to be no reason whatsoever for using two guns, one for singles, and one for caps. Some may make changes in rib settings to reflect POI, but in my limited experience I can't recall seeing anyone actually do it. Some, however, will change chokes or loads, but I don't think many change guns, and would cite the myriad of differences between any two guns no matter how much alike, as a reason. .....break 'em all......mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best one gun for singles and handicap trap