1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your results with Browning service Good Or Bad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

What has been your results? Were they quick, slow? Nightmare to deal with or were you pleasantly suprised? Don't hold back now! We want the truth! Jeff

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I drove 7 hours each way and stayed at a motel over night to enlist the services of a gunsmith so I could avoid dealing with Browning.

Morgan

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

What the Cap'n said.....

4. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

Don't own a Browning but have heard nothing but negative about there service.

Allan

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

No problem here...got one out and back in 17days,..total refinish and tightening and repiacement of worn parts...metal and wood

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

My Dad's experience in 1972, VERY good; repaired the second hand, 1963 manufacture A5 he bought in 1970, at no cost quickly and returned it with a note appologizing it had a problem.

My experience in 1980; VERY rude, VERY slow (three months), had to pay half the cost of repair on a new A5 that I had bought a month earlier.

I said at the time I was done with them and I did not buy another Browning until 1982 and it was used, I acquired my first new one since 1980 in 2007.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Calvin MD....nobody believes that.....

8. richrob

richrob TS Member

They were great for me. -Rich

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

THEY SUCK

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

My brother sent them a Superposed "salt" gun for repait. He got it back in the time promised; 17 MONTHS. Not a typo, 17 MONTHS.

Bob

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Browning has warranty stations across the nation that will give a faster turnarond time.

Beretta factory service is slow as well. Not enought gunsmiths for the load.

A person cannot be brought in off the street and be given a fine firearm to repair and expect anything but a disaster.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

local authorized browning repair/warranty is a good place to start. I have no problems with the parts and phone service. I find calling between 10 11 am and around 3 is the best time?

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

SuperXJeff:

Keep in mind they won't even touch a gun with a modified trigger or, gawd forbid, a release trigger.

sissy

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've had my Superposed for 28 years...had to have it repaired twice...my local gunsmith had the parts, thank heavens so it didn't have to go anywhere else...and based on what I've learned here over they years, Browning is the last place I'd send it!

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I posted this for the benifit of somebody who is trying to decide which combo gun to buy and thinks brownings are the way to go. The last XT I had anything to do with shot 1 1/2 feethigh and 16 inches left. It would have been a great gun for shooting hard lefts from station one. Since it had been fired the Sportmans wharehouse wouldn't take it back. It had to go to Browning service where over a year later the guy got it back. I guess the message seems to be to use local service but there are many things that local service can't fix such as the Point of impact being way off. The gun had to go to Browning service so they could shoot it and determine the barrels were FUBAR from the factory. Once that was done they sent for replacement barrels and fitted them. Time frame? Way to long for a guy who owns only one trap gun. Browning at the grand can't be equated with a typical expierence with the service center. as anybody who has had dealing's with both will tell you. Jeff

16. CalvinMD

Well gee Frank..I guess its maybe because I rate or something..or just that I'm great friends with 2 factory reps from selling Browning Custom shop guns for years. Maybe its because I did it the right way...overnighted out/overnighted back and I was in touch with one person who accepted the gun and oversaw the work .. I often wonder if some people have naturally bad breath or if its just because it from where they are talking from.

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Great friends with 2 factory reps from selling Browning Custom shop guns for years? Yea, I would say that didn't hurt your cause any. Calvin do you think that your expierence with the service center is typical? I must be say that I think yours is the exception and not the rule. Having friends in the right places never hurts ones cause. Jeff

18. CalvinMD

Honestly Jeff...if you speak to the right people (and anybody can!)not the receptionist...and setup something, sending the gun when they tell you they can get to work on right away...its totally possible. I even bought a new forend, that they sent me pics of what they had in house that I could purchase the best match to the buttstock...they are people too...disrespect and degrade them publicly and thats exactly what you'll get...work with them, thank them and appreciate them and you'll always get their best...works for me

19. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

B A D

Bought a gun with release triggers, sent it to Browning to replace them for pull triggers, when the gun came back I noticed Browning kept both release triggers, ca lled in to ask for the triggers to be returned and was told that they threw them away. Yeah right!

As SuperXJeff says: Having friends in the right places never hurts ones cause.

Berettaman7

20. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A friend returned a "salt" gun for wood replacement. Several months later, he called to check on it and was told they hadn't started on it yet. A few more months later, he called again and learned that they wouldn't work on it because it had release triggers. HE had to call THEM to find that out! So he paid them to remove those parts but told them he wanted them back. Months and months and more months later when the gun was returned, it came back minus the release parts. Many phone calls and some hate mail later, Browning did reimburse him for having releases installed in the gun a second time.

At the Grand the first year the BT-100 was out, I heard stories of firing pins breaking while riding the wagons during the first two days. I had several friends back home with BT-100s, so I stopped by the Browning building to see what was up. The guy I spoke with did nothing but rave about how trouble-free and perfect the BT-100 was. So much so that it made me suspicious, so I went back again that afternoon and said to the person who greeted me, "Are BT-100 firing pins breaking?" Without as much a word, he reached in a drawer and handed me a pin. I told him I didn't own a BT-100 but had four friends at home who did and he handed me three more.

Like Calvin said, your success might depend upon who you speak with.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.