1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion of the "Iranian hikers"

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by hrosik123, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

It seems that the two hikers captured in Iran were sentenced to 8 years. Personally I think they put the State Dept. in a very precarious situation. In my opinion if they are stupid enough to be hiking in war torn Iraq while our young men and women are fighting and loosing their lives over there then they are getting what they deserve. The US should have denounced the hikers actions and told Iran that they are to stupid for us to want back. Just a little rant. I hope they get released but it's not one of my big concerns.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

I agree...not exactly the sharpest crayons in the box when it came to their choice of hiking vacation spots...they are paying dearly for their stupidity now....They should get a refund from that darn travel agent!!

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Your opinion of the

Chuck,

I can certainly see your point. How stupid are you to go into a country that hates American's? I don't think this is worth starting another war. But I don't like the thought of another country pulling this kind of cr@p on us. The likelihood is if we give something to Iran or give them some concessions of some type, the hikers will get to come home. It will probably amount to nothing more than under the table political deal making.

John E.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Your opinion of the

I think we ought to nuke all their major cities!

5. SeldomShoots

Your opinion of the

Kit, a handful of M-80's ought to take care of that. What is a major city in Iran, . . . one with running water, electricity and a Hertz rent-a-camel?

John E.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Your opinion of the

Perhaps I overreacted, John. I'm sorry. I'm just beside myself, though. To think, those flea infested Mullahs have kidnapped some of our best and brightest. Kids like that were probably out there trying to make the world a better place...you know, "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..................." Oh well, life can be cruel. Now they'll have to wait 8 long years before they can get their next tattoo and nipple ring.

7. SeldomShoots

Your opinion of the

Now that I see the reasoning behind your postition on this matter, I more clearly understand it. Of course it will be quite a setback for the hikers to loose out on the freedoms and privileges you mentioned. However, they will also miss out on long afternoons on the couch, playing X-box, eating skittles and drinking Mountain Dew. Without the Dew, they may loose their "exteme" status.

I erroneously, thought you were making fun of Iran, as if they did not have much in the way of major cities, and I was more than willing to ride that train, as you can see from my previous post.

This is probably an irrational conspiracy theory thought, but what if Iran has detained, tried, convicted and sentenced the hikers in order to conduct brainwashing and reprogramning activities on them. Eight years from now, the hikers will not comeback as sorry trespassers, but as (loud music . . . dum dum duuuuuummmmmmmm) the Manchurian Candidate . . . . . . ooooooohhhh major espionage. LOL

John E.

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Your opinion of the

By jove, Watson, I think you've got it!

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Your opinion of the

And now, I'm truly inspired!

The eight years will slowly trickle away. The "hikers" will quickly evaporate from the American consciousness and they will be all but forgetten footnotes in global history. Funny, isn't it, that they already sort of look like rag-heads...so, here's the deal. They'll re-emerge into the American mainstream, which by then will be composed of Muslims and wetbacks, and they will start going to the eqivalent of Tea Party meetings and becoming active in local politics. They will have been indoctrinated in the clever wiles of the Nuclear mad mullahs and they will slowly and methodically undermine the basic tenets of civilization.

As their epic unfolds, little attention will be paid to the many other magical and mysterious wonderments occuring in worlds and galaxies far, far away. In a cold, and abandoned line shack on the tellstar Tantarian 6, a child draws his first breath. This son of Kayar and Panna has been sent for one reason...and one reason only. Civilization must be saved!

And so, fellow travelers, the table has been set. Will Kayar-t come to possess the power to crush the threat of Nuclear Winter, or will the Hikers destroy the world as we know it?

Don't miss the next episode of "The Iranian Hikers."

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

The fool Akhminejad wants America to know he is boss here.

He needs a U-235 suppository.

HM

11. SeldomShoots

Your opinion of the

Hmmmm, sounds like the makings of an Oscar winning screenplay. Better start writting Kit. Life imitates art, or is it art imitates life?

John E.

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

My opinion, when you're in love you do dumb things in dumb places. Eight years is a long time to wait for a fiance and the best man. Very sad, hope they make it home much sooner. You should have waited to find your roots until travel was safer.

13. cnsane

cnsane Member

Your opinion of the

They're "innocent American hikers" just like Valerie Plame was just an "Embassy staffer". Get Real, nobody's that stupid unless they're paid to be.

14. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

You just don't know do ya? I wouldn't want to be the one kept waiting.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Your opinion of the

Meh. Two less votes for Obama.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

Know the risk then take your chances - they lost now pay for the stupidity.

Not everybody coddles their "illegals".

Don

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the

Dumb as rocks. Why would any American go hiking in a war zone? Maybe they though they were immune to the real world. You know, smoke a little weed and wander the world as a free spirt.....

18. sanremo

sanremo Member

Your opinion of the

They're either spy's or the dumbest pair of morons on the planet. Would any one with even half a brain be hiking in a war torn country let alone on a national boundary line? Sounds like two stupid state dept idiots........maybe the were just looking for rock samples huh?????? Probably need a replacement for the ones that fell out their ears.......sadly the will learn the hard way!

19. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Your opinion of the

Any time when I travled abroad I always knew I was playing by thier rules ( which are sometimes corrupt and unfair) it was always good to come back home.
    Jim Z

20. ctreay

ctreay Member

Your opinion of the

After spending ten years in the service, most of it in Europe, I also have my opinon of these "hikers". I am sure they are eyeball deep in the state dept's pockets. Nobody is dumb enough to try and pull that kind of stuff and nobody that was in the military is dumb enough to believe it.

ctreay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.