1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Opinion: KX-5 vs 682 E Gold Unsingle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap3832, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap3832

trap3832 TS Member

I am interested in kx-5 and 682 E Gold unsingle combo. I will use it mostly for single 16-27yds shooting. They have factory adjustable rib and comb. Their price is around $5000. Based on your experience/knowledge, which one has better quality, performance and service? I want to keep it at least 10 yrs if I purchase it. Would you recommend or advise? Thanks.

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Krieghoff service is exceptionally good, and if you live within driving distance from Ottsville you may want to take that into consideration. Beretta service I would avoid, but there are a number of top-notch gunsmiths to choose from to do Beretta work, Cole for one.

The 680 series is well proven. I've owned, oh, six over the years, including one of the old 682 unsingle combos. The only repair work I had done, apart from regular service, was tightening up the fore-end on one, and replacement of an inertia lever return spring on another (tiny little bastard, did it myself). On my KX-5, I've had to replace the ejector, nobody else I know has had that happen so maybe it's unusual (lots of guys around here own a KS/KX). Otherwise just regular service. I dunno, guess I'd give the edge to Krieghoff in quality/reliability.

Pick the one that you like best. [shrugs] Do you have the opportunity to try both?

3. trap3832

trap3832 TS Member

4. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Having owned both, the Krieghoff is a better gun, but the Beretta's shoot better for me. Which "better" is better?

Maltzie

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

I've owned two of each at various times before switching permanently to a Kolar and found the 682 to kick me like a mule. I solved that problem before selling it by installing a Gracoil unit. I never had a real recoil problem with a KX or a KS.

Steve

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Get a Spartan and be done with ever having to worry about purchasing another gun this year.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Earl ... nice way to smack them double shooters around. Usually happens like that by a person who aint a very good shooter.

BTW ... how does it consume allot of shells? You get 100 targets in a round and you shoot 100 shells in a round ... last time I shot singles or handicap a round was also 100 targets and 100 shells.

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Trap3832,

I have owned both and shot them both quite a bit. I like the feel and swing of the Beretta a little better than the Krieghoff. They both kick more than they should, but is easily remidied with a recoil system. If I were to buy either one it would be the combo. I would even look into one of Joe Etchels 687 unsingle combo's. About the same price as a 682 combo, but much prettier. He'll even fit you up with a right or left handed stock instead of dealing with a neutral one. Just my opinion though.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.