1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your latest mess up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Haskins Bill, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

So this should get some really good ones: Mine was this afternoon. About a week ago: I have the little 98 cc 2 cycle snow blower that due to my negligence the carburetor needed cleaned out. Well that went well and as I was putting it back together the darn damper spring that keeps the float from fluttering just diappeared. I ordered a new one a whole dollar with tax and two 10 mile round trips to boot. This afternoon I was putting it back together and because the sun was in my eyes I moved the machine around on the table in the driveway and I heard something hit the asphalt. It was the brass float and as I stepped aroung the table to look for it I felt something under my foot!!! Yep well I sort of got it straightened out to try and the machine does run but I think I will have to buy a new float!! Felt just like the character Burgess Meridith played in that Twilight Zone episode where he is the last man left and finds a library with all the books he will need in a lifetime and he drops and steps on his glasses!!!

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I Know your Pain. Was replacing the top lever spring in a 90T when the Detent Button goes flying across the room.PANIC--but, used my magnet and finally found it. LUCK. Put it ALL back together and realized I Had put the OLD Spring Back in the gun!!!!!!Yep someday your the Bug Other days your the Windshield!! Joe 90t

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Whenever you are installing or removing a spring, a trick I always use is to do it while having a rag over top of the piece you are working on. That way if she goes flying, it will hit the rag and stay close by. If your workpiece is small enough, you can assemble it inside a large plastic bag. Then you can see what you are doing.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just take off your safety glasses. The spring will then always hit your eye.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth Brian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.