1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your gun club dues question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Roberts, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I would like to find out a few things about your club?

1. Do you have a senior discount on memberships, if so what is it?

2. What does your club charge for yearly memberships?

Thanks, Bill

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I belong to 4 clubs, dues range from $40.00- $100.00/yr. One club gives a 50% discount to members who are over 65. I support most of the clubs that I shoot at frequently.

Phil Berkowitz

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

We charge juniors and seniors the same thing we charge everyone else--nothing.

Pat Ireland

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I belong to two clubs.

Both of them offer free membership if you are over 70.

The one gun club charges $70/year, the other $20/year.

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I mowed grass for three days on the trapfields before the 1946 Inland Empire Handicap, Spokane Gun Club, and was given a Life Membership, then valued at $25.00. I haven't looked lately but I think the price has gone up.

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I belong to three gun clubs one is $35.00 per year Trap, Skeet, 5 Stand and an nice rifle range. Two Skeet,5 stand, and I am a charter life member, we have a $100.00 per year assesment for the new clubhouse and ranges. Three is a rifle and pistol club with great shooting facilities for rifle a trench and a bench to 1000 yds is $50.00

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I shoot at clubs that charge over $1000 to join and other clubs that charge $35.

If your not paying anyone and don't have high upkeep expenses, rather easy to charge $35...

This is sort of like the question what does your club charge to shoot? Depends on taxes, insurance, grounds upkeep, burn oil in the winter, night shooting, number of shooters, number of members, clay shooting pays most of the bills for maintaining the club or does membership fees, new roof needed on clubhouse, free rife range, free archery range, free help or paid, how many days a week open, how many shoots a year, machines need replacement, just a place to shoot or offers more, and on and on....

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Cottage Grove - Eugene (Oregon), discount to juniors, $30/year, $300 life.

9. 82nd Trooper

82nd Trooper TS Member

One club is $55 a year for everyone and another one is $100 except for club officers and life members (15 years continuous service and age 65) they pay $50. All members must be at least 18 years old.

10. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Our Club has 11 bay pistol range and 200 yd rifle range. We have archery, trap, river fishing, primitive camping, mushrooms, arrowhead hunting and plenty of areas to hike. 80.00 per year and seniors pay65.00

I will tell you right up front that I have nothing against seniors but with pricing like that you are only working towards being out of business. Our 2009 cost per person was 97.00 and you see the charges----apparently I am the only one who can see the loss as nobody else wants to do anything about it---just passing time till the last door is locked for good when you don't cover the costs.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Joe Potosky has the relevant answer.

12. JTEA

JTEA Member

South End GC / Reading, PA / gives a free lifetime membership for seniors @ age 65 if membership has been paid in the previous 10 years.

JT

13. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Thanks guys for the responses>>> Bill

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Pocatello, ID - $20 annual, $200 life. The membership is family (parents and kids under 18). $3.50 per round members, $4.00 nonmembers, $2.50 juniors, $5.50 for doubles (25 pair). We charge less for registered targets than any nearby club, and have nicer trophies than any nearby club. We are likely the most financially stable club in the region. Our philosophy is to treat shooters well, and they'll likely come back.

15. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I hate when for-profit ranges call themselves "clubs" and charge "memberships."

If your club isn't a non-profit, and if a "membership" doesn't convey voting rights, that "membership" is just advance profit, and calling your range a "club" is completely false advertising and is about as real a "club" as the Hair Club for Men.

16. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

From another point of view, my club, Markham Trap in S. Florida charges $35 a year per person and $55 for a family membership. For that nominal sum you get absolutely nothing as we shoot at a county run public facility. The county sets the rates and everyone, member or not pays the same. There are no discounts for anyone and no one is allowed to do any work on the fields or grounds except for county employees. It ain't easy but it's the only game in town.

Eric

17. crmeyer

crmeyer Member

Yearly Membership at S.M.T.C. Rochester Mn. = $ 20.00
    Lifetime Membership $ 200.00

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Naperville Sportsman's Club, Naperville Illinois

$55 annual, offer one class of shooting member membership. No discounts for seniors or juniors. Individual membership extends shooting discount to spouse or "life partner" and unmarried dependent children.

Members received a substantial shooting discount over non-member guests as well as other benefits and access to club member-only programming.

regards,

Jay

19. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

I belong to two clubs.

A. Rifle/Pistol: Closed gated club. Members have keys to come and go during daylight hours. Cost: $175 for the first year. $75 yearly from then on. Good: The locked gate keeps the nonmember hillbillies out. Bad 1: A bunch of hillbillies ARE members. Bad 2: The range is closed most weekends due to organized shoots. Bad 3: The only thing that goes on at club meeting is that the officers’ bitch about how the members trash the ranges. They also complain that nobody shows up for work days or club meetings.

B. Trap/Skeet: Closed gated club. Members have keys to come and go day or night. Cost: $250 for the first year. $100 yearly from then on. Good 1: Yearly dues cover a steak dinner at every monthly club meetings. Good 2: Yearly dues buys 25 raffle tickets for a draw at a $1000 gift certificate at a local sporting goods store. Good 3: Members pay $3.00 per round for targets. Nonmembers pay $4.00. Night time targets everyone pay $5.00. Good 4: Have yet to find anything bad about this club.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.