1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first 25 can be expensive

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Pretty much a tradition to shoot your hat when you break your first 25 at the club I shoot at. It's then autographed, dated and hung on the wall for all to see. Today a gentleman who's been shooting there for about the last 6 years finally ran his first 25. He was very pleased about this and offered his hat but with slight hesitation seeings as it was a $75 Stetson. It didn't get shot up too bad, but it is hanging on the wall.

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Pretty good story. Hats are like guns; a fellow can never have too many.

3. pjh

pjh Member

I just won my frist leather bag... I figure it cost me 50K... I could have purchased one for 125 7 years ago and saved a bunch! but wheres the fun in that?

4. pjh

pjh Member

I just won my frist leather bag... I figure it cost me 50K... I could have purchased one for 125 7 years ago and saved a bunch! but wheres the fun in that?

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I figure it cost me about 10K for my first buckle. Priceless tho... :)

6. NintyT

NintyT Member

I met a fellow from Alabama a few years back. He told how he won a handicap from short yardage at this very first visit to their state shoot. Since he played all the money, he won about $4,000.00. He then stated, "That was the most expensive $4,000.00 I ever made!"

7. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

No kidding, I was talking to some friends at work and they were commenting on my how nice the buckle I was wearing looked. When I told them that it was my first, but that they were way expensive, they instantly agreed because it looked so nice and shinny, and they figured it was probably made of silver. When I told them it probably cost me $7,000- 8,000, no one would believe it. Then I started totalling up the cost of my gun, my wife's gun, fitting for 2 guns, a year or so of shells, and any thing else I could think of at the time. I think I convinced some neophytes to pass on shooting in competition.
    Dennis

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Speaking of shooting Stetsons....<br>
    <br>
    When my father was a kid, my grandfather taught him the art of upland hunting. My dad was quite good with his bolt action Stevens .410, which I now have.<br>
    <br>
    One day while getting ready to hunt, another hunter chided my grandfather for my dad's pipsqueak gun and made remarks about not being able to hit anything with a .410. One thing led to another and the man made a $20 bet that if he tossed his Stetson in the air, my dad couldn't hit it.<br>
    <br>
    My dad started to protest, but grandpa said shoot the hat, son, there's money on it.<br>
    <br>
    The guy tossed his Stetson (a $35 hat back then) in the air, and my dad shredded it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.