1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

YOUR financial records can make you a TERRORIST!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Spy agencies to be granted access to US citizen finances

Summary: The financial data of American citizens is set to be open season for spy agencies as the fight against terrorism and cybercrime continues.

Read the whole article Here

Yes the noose is tightening around your neck! Next time you buy a high end shotgun, or make other higher financial transactions, you might trigger an investigation for terrorist actions.

here is an excerpt:
    "However, privacy advocates have pointed out that as regulations for filing is so strict, organizations often "overfile" just to be sure they have met governmental requirements -- which means there is a possibility that the financial lives of ordinary citizens could wind up in the hands of intelligence agencies.

"Sharon Bradford Franklin, senior counsel for the Rule of Law Program at the Constitution Project, told Reuters that concerns have been raised "as to whether people could find their information in a file as a potential terrorist suspect without having the appropriate predicate for that and find themselves potentially falsely accused."

2. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

How's this for falsely accused? It's obvious that this government does NOT understand peacetime uses for firearms, hobbiests, and collectors as being part of the overall gun owners group. It is even more obvious that this government is driven to end all uses of fire arms because of its disregard. And futhermore, this government in it's ignorance wants to dictate to you what and how you should conduct all aspects of your firearm possession.

A gun is not a weapon until you need to use it as a weapon and it has been illustrated that this government is willing to take the steps, i.e. unjust gun legislation, etc. to drive it in that direction. What conflicts does the gov see as needing resolution with firearms for which it admonishes the citizens for forseeing?

Yes, in the first and final analysis, it's about tyranny of the worse kind, a tryanny that drives hatred of any of a group of people, in this case gun owners and the mentally ill.

And now there's this:

http://www.infowars.com/la-times-announces-white-men-are-terrorists/

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Like sheep being lead to the slaughter, credit cars, ATM's, Direct deposit it's all for big brother

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It just gets worse and worse.

It's not citizens declaring war on the government.

It's the government declaring war on citizens.

The extreme paranoia of our lawmakers and leaders is going to make an uprising a self-fulfilling prophecy.

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I'll bet none of this information will make it to the IRS.All of this crap is getting outof hand.

Darr

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Let's not turn this into something that it is not... as the article says, for a couple decades the banks have been reporting transactions to law enforcement.

How many of you have ever withdrawn or deposited $10,000.00 or more into a bank?

Probably quite a few on this site, sell a car, take cash out of savings to buy a car for a child, sell some property, whatever! Guess what, if you have done this in the past twenty years or so then you are ON A LIST. So what? Now how many of you that have ever conducted such a transaction been interviewed by law enforcement?

If you were interviewed, what happened? Did """""THEY"""" take your money and throw you in prison?

It is just common sense that if a person deals with a bank or conducts any kind of financial transactions in today's world that it is being monitored.

We wanted the government to go and find and kill Bin Laden and we want the government to find and kill Al Qaeda members and other terrorists, but we don't want the government to be able to have the resources to do it?

It took a significant amount of money to finance 9/11, money was wired to cells in the United States, people in the U.S. raise money and send electronically overseas. I would be pissed off at this news too if I was wiring money to Yemen or whatever bank in Europe or wherever to support overseas terrorism.

As much as everyone hates the federal government, they have done a pretty good job of catching terrorists and leaving the average law abiding citizen alone.

For crying out loud people, the government could give a shit less about 99% of the daily financial transactions going on in this country. The freaking paranoia on this site is growing disproportionately each day!

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

"For crying out loud people,the government could give a s--- less about 99% of the daily financial transactions going on in this country".Four years ago I would have hesitantly agreed.But,this president and his appointees don't have nearly the respect for the constitution as former administrations.The power that the Patriot Act and other legislation represents is awesome and borderline unconstitutional.It can easily be misused by people that don't respect the rule of law.The IRS is money hungry and ruthless.So is this administration.I don't think it is unreasonabe for citizens to be,shall we say,a little skeptical.

Darr

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU MAN, I'M TELLING YA! KEEP DIGGING!!!!!!

9. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

It's not this site that's paranoid. It's what everyone is reading and trading information of what's already out there in the PRESS.

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Darr, you said <i>The IRS is money hungry and ruthless.So is this administration.I don't think it is unreasonabe for citizens to be,shall we say,a little skeptical. </i>

I understand what you are saying, however the IRS has nothing to do with this, if a person has any money in bank accounts then the IRS already knows... citizens and non-citizens in this country every day deposit checks for more than $10,000.00 and withdraw money in excess of $10,000.00 whether it be electronically, a bank check, or cash. The point is that if these bank transactions are lawful and due taxes are being paid, then there is zero issue. If one wants to argue that the tax code sucks and needs reformed, well I won't argue with that...

I bet there is no one on this site that has ever been questioned by federal agents for a bank transaction such as this, I bet that very few if any on this site know of anyone who was questioned by federal agents for such a banking transaction.

The federal government has it's faults, federal law enforcement isn't perfect, however the goal is to still try to disrupt and dismantle terrorist cells and drug trafficking organizations from sources of funding.

I don't know of anyone who has ever been contacted by federal law enforcement for such transactions. Contrary to popular belief of a very few on this site, all U.S. law enforcement in general is still here to keep our society as safe as possible realizing that it can not protect individuals every second of every day. Get rid of the rule of law and law enforcement in this country and we will become worse than Mexico.

Our society will be closer to that of Somalia. No one in their right minds wishes our great country to deteriorate to anarchy. Somalia is a pretty bad place to live right now...

I have heard of plenty of people in trouble with the IRS for failing to pay taxes, etc., but that is an entirely different subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.