1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Knives

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Knives are a lot like nice guns. Lots of nice ones out there. I have a few that are favorite hunting knives, and some that are just nice to have hangin' around. Probably my favorite is my dad's #7 Randall hunting knife that he went on many hunts with. For looks, I got a couple of the old Ithaca Tracker knives that have a cool look to them. What's your favorites?

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Venice Woods butterfly knife. I think Colt makes them now. Great knife. Mine was stolen years ago and I have never seen another one. Anyone got one on here? John

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

KERSHAW - Ken Onion's LEEK! Assisted opening, great pocket knife. Never leave home without it.....breakemall

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

My everyday carry knife is an Emerson CQC-7, but my favorite knives are the 2 Randall's that I own.

Oscar

5. ramen39

ramen39 Member

You're not properly dressed if you don't have A pocket knife on you. For everyday carry, A $2.00 Wal Mart one. You never lose one of those but you will A good one.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I carry an Emerson CQC-10 that I broke the tip off a few years ago so I ground it in the shape of a tanto blade to get a tip back... It works great!!!

I love my Randall #14 which I gutted an elk with because my dumb butt forgot my skinning knives back at camp over 5 miles away...

I ordered a #20 about five years ago and should be getting it this summer. I can't wait to put it into service!

I also had a Benchmade with the spyderco style hole that I carried for ten years which I also gutted an elk with... again because I forgot my cleaning knives at camp. Yes, we will call that a pattern... But at least I did have a knife with me both times! LOL...

I lost the Benchmade when I left it at the post office after cutting some tape. I was sick to my stomach, I replaced it with the Emerson and haven't looked back. I like the hole in the blade to open vs. the stick style. Guess it is what a guy gets use to...

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

My current "favorite". A 3" Damascus Folder made by Evans in Minnesota. The fit & finish on this knife is unbelievable. 297 layers of metal and anodized titanium liners. It is razor sharp. He does the leather sheath too.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=EvansDamascusKnife001.jpg" target="_blank"> EvansDamascusKnife001.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=EvansDamascusKnife003.jpg" target="_blank"> EvansDamascusKnife003.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=EvansDamascusKnife005.jpg" target="_blank"> EvansDamascusKnife005.jpg </a>

Jimmy Bowen

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Jimmy, that is one nice knife!

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Mine is my dad's M-2 Kabar from Korea era that my son carries today......

10. cnsane

cnsane Member

My poor dead son's Gerber Magnum Folding Hunter, from the '70's(before Fiskars reduced them to crap). I was with him when he purchased it after handling my safe queen collectable version. Gutted a lot of white tail with it after I "inherited" it and always think of him while I'm holding it. For a carry knife/money clip I pocket the same thing as Oscar does because Ernest Emerson is an ergonomics genius and the blade is ATS 34. But I'd love to buy a folder like Bowen's as Damascus appeals to me more than dollars.

11. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I like and use Harold Carson [Kit] custom folders, he also design a series of knifes for Colimbia River Knives, he also a retired Army and has a nice web page, Lives 3 miles from me net to Ft. Knox. thanks Ronnie

12. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I carry a Buck Stockman 3-blade in my pocket, and I must say I'd rather leave my house without my pants then without it.

I have a custom knife from Melvin Dunn that I use for my skinning chores. I've used it to skin everything from raccoons to bears, and have skinned a thousand beavers and otters with it (no exaggeration). To me, the mark of a quality knife is its ability to take and keep an edge. My Dunn knife does that.

Anybody here who has skinned many beaver understands what I mean.

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The bottom is a Randall #5 Angier trail with compass, middle is a #14 attack and the favorite is the one above that I made in the early 70's The front and rear bolsters are solid 10k gold and those heart shaped pins are sterling. The sheath was made by Dennis Yoder from Hamburg, Pa.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303126.jpg

14. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

I collect several U.S.A. made knoves, but carry a 3 bladed folding Case Medium stockman, with Stag handles.
    Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

15. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Here is my daily companion. It is light and handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My very favorite knife is this custom made knife by Gary LeBlanc.<BR>
    It has Box Elder handles. Gary is a superb custom knife maker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

16. gotbass

gotbass Member

Not high end, but every day carry is a SOG Twitch ll.

17. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

My everyday carry knife is a Buck "Bucklite". In my safe I have an Olsen hunting knife. Olsen was a knife maker that was just up the road from where I live. Had a good reputation for making quality knives but they have been out of business for a good while now. The edge on the Olsen makes a straight razor look like a butter knife. I don't use the Olsen because of the history of the company that made it. May have some collectors value.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jimmy that is a nice knife, as are the others shown

I carry a Buck folding knife, has John Deere laser inscribed on the blade, paid $60,000 for it but they threw in a tractor

Also have a Buck Kalinga, and a Puma Bowie knife

19. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use my grandad's Marble knives for hunting etc. My everyday knife is a Boker, 2 blade pocket knife. Charlie

20. m70win

m70win Member

For the Randall Knife guys.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KY5MOUO464Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.