1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Federal Paper reload recipe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KennyP, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

I have bought a few flat of new 1 1/8 Federal Papers that I will be shooting and I'm wondering about some of the reload stats that anyone has that best replicates the factory load.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I load a lot of papers. For safety reasons I wont give you recipes but they are easily looked up on the web. One thing I will tell you however is nothing smells as good as a paper shell with burn't Green Dot ( my opinion)

3. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

17.4 to 18.0 red dot 12s3 wad fed 209 primer 1 1/8 of hard shot you will turn targrts into smoke geo 3

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Fed209A primer, 22± gn of PB, Fed 12C1 wad ... pure authenticity.

Precision Reloading has 12C1 wads BTW.

Bob

5. cubancigar2000

I too like batmans load.

6. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

Thanks for those recipes.
    Cuban, had a chance to smoke a Habana Cohiba last weekend, not sure of the name of the size but it was 6" x 48 or so. I don't get to smoke many but have had a few, it was a typical cuban, heavy smoke, great flavor but it turned sour about 2/3rds through the smoke. Wish it would have gone all the way. Maybe we will be able to buy them soon, but that is a another conversation.
    KennyP

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I just finished loading a flat of Fed papers ... 1 1/8 oz of #8 1/2s, 12S3 wad, 18.4 gr Red Dot, and Cheddite primers....16 yards and Dobles just turn into ink blots!

8. cubancigar2000

Kenny, I have smoked cubans for 15+ years ( not a regular smoker, just one a month or so) I read where a good cigar is only good half way through and then you toss it. thats pretty much what I do. I hope you are right and that they do lift the embarg but I dont think they will get cheaper and you can buy all you want now anyway.

9. mojet

mojet TS Member

Federal primer,11/8 hard shot,Federal 12s3 wad,and 22.0 grains of Green Dot Makes a great load from the 27. They smell like the factory load.
    Smokup. Larry Moses

10. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi There,
    A few years back, I loaded some one oz. fed papers with the 12s3 wad, and 17 gr. of red dot. I actually counted the pellets in a few of these to see how many flyers I might get. To my astonishment, out of my 32" Ithaca Century Trap, I had 96% and better patterns. This was done at 35 yds, shooting at a 30" circle. It was a tight, dense pattern that stayed together really well from 27 and beyond. The crimps were a little deep, but with paper, it gives so much, that there was no hole, and with a six point pre crimp, they crimped really nice. Give that recipe a try!
    -powderburn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal paper red dot

federal papers red dot