1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Dream Perazzi -

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kwb, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwb

kwb TS Member

What would be your "Dream Perazzi" if you were going to order a new gun from the factory for shooting ATA Trap (Singles, Doubles and Handicap). How would you order the barrels, would you have the barrels choked from the factory with a specified fixed choke without choke tubes? :

Fixed Choke Factory barrels - what choke would you specify for each barell? ie O/U .032/.020, Single .032
    OR - Perazzi Choke tubed barrels with perazzi choke tubes or screw another brand in such as Rhino or Briley
    OR - Send the barrels to someone else after taking delivery of the gun and have their choke tubes installed

Thanks

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm purchasing a Perazzi this winter and plan on going with 32" barrels, adj. stock, adj. comb, adj. rib, and a recoil reducer.

I'm going to have choke tubes installed by Briley.

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

i would get a top single combo, and have wilkinson do the barrel work barrels would be 32x34

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would get a TM9 with a Fixed rib and Full choke barrel and custom stock that fits me. I would need a Precision Release trigger. I don't need to shoot any more Doubles.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I would like a brand new MX-3 SCO Special combo. Adjustable comb and adjustable pad adjuster. 34" fixed choke single 18.7 barrel choked .030" and 32" O/U 18.7 barrels choked .020 on the bottom and .030 on the top. Single barrel KG 1.710 and O/U barrels KG 1.685. Seperate triggers for each barrel group. Single barrel trigger set for 31/2lbs pull, and doubles triggers set for 31/2lb bottom barrel and 41/2lb top barrel. No adjustable or selectable trigger.... That would do for a start.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

It would be an MX2000/3, 32" O/U, choked .024/.032 and stocked with a parallel comb. I see no value in a single barrel.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

MX15 true combo. w/ 34" and 32"un single barrels and a 32" ou. All factory overbores. No choke tubes. Stocked with Pat McCarthy's Stock Lock with a rubber comb. 34" unsingle choked .034. 32" unsingle choked .030. 32" Ou choked .016 on the bottom and .030 on the top. Nothin' could be finer.

8. Ljutic Bad Boy

Ljutic Bad Boy TS Member

MX-2008 34" unsingle, forget the over/unders. .745 bore with .035 fixed choke done by wilkinson. Phil Simms custom Pro-Soft stock. oh i can feel it now. lol. LBB

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Mine would be a 29.5" Flat Ribbed Bunker gun choked .25/.35 with a barrel weight of 1.55. SCO or SC3 with engraving pattern 135 with a good piece of wood and an adjustable stock with right hand palm swell.

Tom

10. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

By reading some of the posts, a dream Perazzi would be any Perazzi that the blueing didn't wear off in two months and make a $8,000.00 + gun look like a POS.

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I like the ones with the nekid woman engravings.....

Guy B.

12. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I would strongly consider only the opinion of those who include barrel weight in their dream gun specs.. If you don't already address that.. you really don't have a clue what to wish for,unless its a wall hangar.. Personally.. for me.. it would be a MX14 frame fully engraved with a set of 33" 1.55/1,58 KG barrels.. matched weight.. fixed choke .020/.030 O/U and .036 unsingle each sporting a MX2000/3 rib..OR maybe the new short rib.. equally as high.. The stock would be a modified glove grip..that's open so it does not kill my thumb.. As a gun of this beauty should not be wearing a PFS..1st on my list would be Ken Ruckers Bumpbuster.. Dennis DeVault's wood (custom fitted) would be my 1st choice if I could have the stock made here..

A step beyond that.. The firing pin holes would feature hardened..replaceable firing pin quides that extend thru the bolt face. The hingle pins would be hardened to 40 on the C scale..so they would NEVER wear out.. The Top lever would be made of Space Age steel that would never break.. The hammers would be 6-22-22 Titanium.. and the firing pins would also be trick..Steel core-titanium sleeves.. The rear selector tree would be properly hardened.. bottom first.. The trigger would be adjustable for LOP.. wide and slightly curved to the right like the trigger kit Whiz sells..

Then again..I might consider a Titanium forend iron.. just for balance.. Yep.. my list could go on and on.. Thanks for the dream.. All Good.. Mike

14. shark1

shark1 Member

I want the Perazzi with the nudes engraved on it. Pure art! IMHO Mike Sharkey, DC PS that is the only gun I want.

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Not to be greedy I will take a DB 81 with a 34 top single and 30 in O/U and a 34 unsingle barrel like the MX 14 came with. I prefer game scene engraving on a shotgun with tri colored gold with some dogs.

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I would get a MX2008 O/U

17. rmy

rmy Member

PBB, interesting that you would pick a MX14 over a MX8 receiver. The few MX14s I have handled seemed to swing and balance better than anything else except the old Comp 1s. Do you mind sharing your thinking on your choice? rmy

18. spritc

spritc Active Member

A Kolar!

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Rmy.. I'd love to add something to what you already found out.. but I'm sorry to say.. I can't.. Not wanting a MX3.. which moves fantastic.. The MX14/MX15 is the closest thing to it.. If you understand dynamics.. which you do.. It's not really a question.. Now.. the MX8 is a sexier shape..but the MX14 is more dynamic..

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well. by looking in the winners circle.. not the whiners circle.. They seem not to have a problem.. The approx. $150 per year to shoot a fantastic gun just doesn't seem to break the bank of most shooters.. If you're breaking that many springs.. maybe yours need to be fitted because of issues in the trigger.. I've broken 1 in my life.. and I've caught 2 cracked ones.. The gun I shoot..all springs get changed yearly.. PERIOD..and just saved for backup.. or helping people at a shoot..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.