1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

your bailout dollars at work....or play...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Caught again....

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

They should all be fired

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Anybody surprised by this hasn't spent much time working in a union mfg plant.

-Gary

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

No surprise at all.

During my college years I worked part-time for Chrysler and GM, needless to say, this is where an intelligent person learns to dislike the unions.

Curt

5. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Anything about this on the so-called major media?

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Mark,
    The bamster wont' allow you to see but what he tells the lapdog media to show you. Sure makes me want to buy one of those union built quality vehicles?

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I do not know about the numbers at the Trenton Engine plant, but I have worked at a plant that employed 7000 production workers. That is more people than the towns that a lot of people live in. They had a sting and busted 20 or 30 workers who were abusing substances on the job. Of course the media reported and the masses were angered, and blamed all auto workers. In that experience, less than 1/2 of one percent ruined the reputation of 99 and 1/2 percent. I'll bet all businesses, including schools, banks, insurance, and governmental offices have at least 1/2 of one percent bad apples that are in the process of screwing up and getting fired. Heck, I'll bet that congress has 100 TIMES the percentage of bad apples, except they are not getting fired, they are getting raises, premium healthcare and great pensions.

8. dud256

dud256 TS Member

You guys ack like this is a union problem, fact is that this happens all across the country union or non union. Just because most on here are against unions, this is why you gripe about them so much. Not all unions or union members are bad, just like I'm sure not all politicians are bad.

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I as a kid use to be in the union. The union was good for the workers at one time but now it is a double eage sword. The union has helped people keep their jobs but on the other hand has lost job's because of wages.

To pay someone $75.00 per hour to put on lug nuts on a car is uncalled for. A worker was told the union to only make or put on an item per shift only say 100 what ever. After he reached that number to just sit down and do what ever. Some read books.

With that how are we suppose to compete with Japan on cars? We can't.

10. ctreay

ctreay Member

Chrysler has just recalled a couple of thousand Dodge p/u going back a few years for problems with tie rods. I wonder what plant(s) they came from?

ctreay

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well,as video said,a UNION worker tipped off the news member.Also,Chrysler has already paid back the bailout money,they were first to do so.Good union workers don't want to work with people like those caught in the video.Cheap shot post to blame Unions again.Time to grow up and realize there is bad in all segments of society and work places wheater union or not.

Doug H.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Doug,,,,it was not at union as you suggest,,,,it was at the bailout of any company,,,,,Chrysler paid back the bailout??? Was this from profits,,,,oh, BTW,,,,did they also pay off the bondholders, are they just out of luck???

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The ball joints/ tie rod problems were from the chinese supplied parts that were contracted when the germans ran the place. The germans put the quality in the crapper. Until then the quality ratings were getting better and better for several years. It does not matter how well the worker puts the parts together, if the corporation are buying junk parts from third world suppliers. The top management saves money with lower grade parts, and are rewarded with obscene bonuses, the customer gets a lower grade car, and the corporate managers and the customer both blame "lunch bucket Joe", who actually does a good job assembling the parts provided by the executive management

14. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Thanks for pissing me off. I just got let go last week and these J.O.'s do what they do? I'm speachless.

15. dhip

dhip Active Member

Bigdogtx,

,Chrysler paid it off 2 months ago,Part of the deal Fiat coughed the payoff monies to own more shares.Bond holders,,I don't know if that was part of it or not.I'm sure it could be researched.Sorry if I came on strong about Union,I was one,Chrysler,Newark ,Del./retired....Have seen in person same as video shows in plant parking lot.Disgraceful,but it happens.Our plant was closed,and guess who closed it???Apparently during all the last bailout crap,the mighty UNION in Detroit,said if they closed a plant,it better be Newark.NOW,,not bragging,but as long as I worked there,,guess which plant had the BEST QUALITY record in the corporation.Yep,,NEWARK.We started the Durango,we were PROMISED by the corporation,as long as a Durango was built,NEWARK would build it.Well so much for promises,the UNION undermined US,NOT the company.I'm glad I retired before that hit the fan,feel sorry for those who had to relocate.I'll be the one of the frst to say,originally unions were needed,but anymore ,they are more corrupt than the companies.Seen too many last chance offers offered to the likes in the video,while seeing hard workers get messed over.

Doug H.

16. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

I worked at a union shop maney years ago grinding crank shafts after traing
    for 7 days i was left to run my machine first day i ground 14 shafts
    got a real chewing out by foreman was only supposed do 9 a day was told to set in the can if i got ahead

17. ctreay

ctreay Member

Todays paper says that 9 were "suspended".

ctreay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.