1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Young Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yesterday we held an Easter shoot at Melba GC. A new non member ( he did join that day)by the name of Joe showed up and he had two young boys with him. His oldest which I am guessing was 8 years old or about brought a single shot 20 ga ( looked to be an H&R ) He went to the practice trap and shot a few rounds with his father and some of our members. After that I called for the last 27 yd Custer of the day ( a very windy day) and young Landon wanted to participate. He broke the first three targets on his call, only missed a couple after that and ended up putting out a couple members to end up one of three winners. Here is a photo of a proud young man with a very proud father & brother holding his meat prize. He is also holding his shoot ticket which he asked to keep as a souvenir.It was a priceless moment. yes, a couple of us could have put him out but elected to miss but he did break his own targets. One of the members commented " I would like to see one of us pros do that with his gun" LOL and that is a fact
    [​IMG]

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Lou,People And Clubs like y'all (Texas talk) are the only thing that is going to keep our sport alive. My hat is off to you and your group for promoting Trapshooting.I watch some of our "older" shooters brush "off" young shooters when they ask questions. Joe joe90t

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

You guys are great, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way. That's the way we get new shooters. Ross Puls

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I shot 11 games yesterday and won 5 ( thx to Joe90T)but I got more enjoyment out of watching this kid than shooting myself. We did not punch his shoot ticket so it was free but he won a $9.00 prize!! I think he is hooked LOL Priceless doesn't even describe it

5. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

That is great. I too am just getting my 8yr old son into trap shooting. The last time I shot was back in the mid to late 90's for a couple of years. I took him to a Sunday local practice a few weeks ago just for him to watch. Met a few members and they kept saying bring him back with his gun. Well the first weekend we shot he went through 1/2 a flat and was asking to shoot more. Now he is know where near the shot that Landon is but the members took him under their wing to his own trap and worked with him and he had a great time. We will be joining the aim program and joey is very excited about being able to help out at the gun club.

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I got treated like that when I shot at his age. My 20 gauge hammer gun beat me like a drum. The nuns thought my parents beat me and the kids wouldn't mess with me because they thought I was a fighter.

Get them hooked young and you never know where they will end up..

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

very young trap shooters