1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Young Eyes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Turtle29728, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

My nephew Kyle celebrated his 13th birthday today. As a birthday treat, I took him to our local club and introduced him to the trap range. My 682 LTD was a little heavy and cumbersome for him and the LOP was way too long, but he managed a 21/25 on the first field and a 19/25 on the second. Not bad for the first time out. I gave him a Beretta shooters cap and some money as a gift. I bet he buys shotshells with it. The grin on his face was worth a million bucks.I think he's hooked. I may have recruited a new shooting buddy today. I guess I'll have to start looking around for a BT micro or similar youth gun for him.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It doesn't get any better than that, does it?? When my son started beating me(which didn't take long)it wasn't a bad thing, it was great. I've never felt so proud as when he shot his first 25 and then his first 50. Great job Uncle. He will remember that day forever. The times we spend with the youth in the outdoors will assure many great times for them and their families in the future.----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.