1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You want "TUFF TARGETS" just go to Silver Dollar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lkb, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lkb

lkb TS Member

I shoot there all the time and have for years, the Florida Fall Championship last weekend had some of the worst targets I have ever seen. The angles are so wide sometimes its swing and pray, The Doubles were nothing short of horrible, I believe only 3 scores in the 90's. There are rarely 100's any more, and the worst part is they dont give a damn. There was little wind Saturday and the targets were constantaly moving up and down, Sunday at the doubles the target was going "straight out" not up, and Sunday at the handicap they were so high you could get a nosebleed. Silver Dollar used to throw a good target, no more, they suck.

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

You want

Silver Dollar aint nuthin' .... go to Savannah if you want unusual targets.
    ;-)

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

You want

Southern Zone 2012 - it will be interesting....

FRedmon

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

You want

Come on Larry don't hold back let it out of your system Didn't everyone have to shoot the same targets ??
    My self I like a challenge

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You want

If they were that bad you can bet it wasn't Morrie Morespring.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You want

If a lousy shooter like me could have a pair of 24's in caps they're ok---be happy you were not on the golf side. Then you might have something to complain about.

Phil Berkowitz

7. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

You want

I think the wind got to IKB. I have shot there several times and the wind is bad at times, however I can't wait for the Grand in January, and the other Grand in March followed by the Fla. State shoot. Hope to see you all there. Yes I have shot on both sides on the course also.
    Woody Sullivan

8. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

You want

I am planning on going to the Dixie Grand this year.

Like most of the shooters there, I will shoot at the targets they throw, and do my best.

9. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

You want

I thought that the targets were acceptable. We can't control the wind and it was shifting all over the place. I like the club, the targets and the people. Thanks, S/D. Don Kerce

10. greta500

greta500 Member

You want

the targets at silver dollar are as good as any club can be...no one can do anything about
    The wind in FLorida.....I have. Been shooting at the Dollar since it opened in 1978, if I have
    Missed targets, and there have been many, it is my fault. We are lucky to have such a
    Fine facility to go to. Also..it always been a pleasure to know and shoot with Morrie S

He knows more about Trap Shooting, traps, and trap setting than most, especially his
    Critics

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

You want

I never had bad targets at Silver Dollar. It's just Bad Machines on the Golfers side. They are junk!

blade819

12. geeber

geeber Member

You want

I shot there both Saturday and Sunday and agree with Tatanka Donk and Greta500.
    The wind was gusting and shifting a lot of the time and I also agree that the Silver Dollar is one of the finer places to shoot with some of the nicest people you could want to meet. No, Morry did not set the traps.
    Gary B

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You want

I've just been informed one of PA's finest Class D shooters broke a 99 in the first 100. He returned in the afternoon and shot his usual 87. He didn't appreciate some dimwit who parades around on a golf cart making derogatory comments about some PA sandbagger and he later confronted that mouthy individual. This guy happens to be a bonafide perpetual Class D shooter.

Anyone know who that dimwit might be!!

14. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You want

No idea who that might be. There are a lot of folks back down from up north, so there are lots of folks on golf carts. Could have been most anyone who, seeing a 99 by a D shooter, simply verbalized what many might have been thinking. Since he's an out-of-state shooter, the Florida shooters likely would not care, so, perhaps, it was one of our northern friends.

Sounds like pretty good shooting to me and the guy should be proud. He beat me by one on the first hundred and I thought the wind was pretty quirky in the afternoon (that's my excuse for the afternoon's 94).

I hope he won't let someone's rudeness spoil his future shooting at the Dollar.

Bob

15. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

You want

C'mon fellas, Even a blind dog can sniff out a hydrant. Might miss it but at least he knew it was there and he'll be remembered for trying. Next time, he might get the dimwit's leg.

Big Jack also a Penna shooter

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You want

These things that we shoot at are supposedly called birds. I have yet to see a "Bird" that was an easy target. I think trapshooting is way to easy to be calling these things we shoot at "Birds". They should be called what they are, Clay Targets. So, seeing as you say they are "Tuff Targets" what is the difference, if everyone one on that given day has to shoot the same "Tuff Targets". If you look at it that way, before you get there to shoot, that is going to make them "Tough Targets". Otherwise they are just "Birds". Make sence. Jon

17. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

You want

ROTFLMAO.. This is to funny.

Everyone has been screaming to toughen up the game.. make them 3 hole.. bring on the hard ones !! So now we have a thread that's saying that shooting the tough birds sucks.

Maybe they needed to set the two banks different.. one easy one tough. Then you could sign up for the one you want to shoot.. LOL

Only thing I have to complain about from this shoot is that I didn't shoot as well as I had hoped to. I had the pleasure of shooting with Morrie and his gang.. and hope to many times again. As stated above he did not set the targets.

Jerry B.

18. perga1

perga1 Active Member

You want

765432q

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

You want

Shoot a good score on those tuff targets at the Dollar and win one of these. LOL Lookin forward to the dollar again. Nice people.

20. perga1

perga1 Active Member

You want

sa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.