1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You Should Not Own A Gun IF You Are Not A

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGDON, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I thought you left. Damn. You must not have to the "delete" button yet.

Don

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What Gordon is saying is true. Just look at what's happening right now here in Pennsylvania - our residents buy the second-highest number of hunting licenses of any state's residents yet we allowed an anti-gun governor to be elected and our legislaure is being bound up with anti-gun motions. A group of black politicians even walked off the floor last week because those anti-gun measures did not come up for a vote. The anti-gun newspaper of Harrisburg, the state capitol, even printed that fear of the NRA is the only thing keeping those measures off the floor!

Ed

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ed...

I've always wondered about the "Hunter/Shooter Apathy" in PA for years. Seems that if it wasn't for the local elected officials, the PA governor's would run PA into the ground very quickly.

We here in Delaware used to have good governors (I've even hunted with a few) and legislators, but the Yuppies have taken over the northern part of the state and have elected a bunch of leftist, entitlement types.

Curt

4. AveragEd

Curt, I even wrote an article about that which appeared in the December 2007 issue of Shotgun Sports Magazine. The hunters and gun owners of Pennsylvania, as a breed, are too lazy to vote and too cheap to support the NRA but they love to sit around their gun clubs bitching about the politicians in office. If they keep supporting the antis by their lack of action, those gun clubs may not be there some day.

Ed

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Ed;
    It saddens me to read about the anti gun mess in my home state. There is such a grand hunting and shooting tradition in PA; and it is being eliminated by the urban leftists in the south eastern part of the state.

Such shenanigans are commmon here in California, but Pennsylvania? Terrible!

I don't know if it is still the case, but there used to be no school in our area for the first day of buck season. That's how strong the hunting tradition was.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ha say sir....ha say! When yo mention the NRA, take yo bloody hat off and put yo hand over da heart! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Right on Ed. Unfortunately since the majority of PA hunters are also Democrats and many work in industry, they eagerly vote with labor unions interests!!

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am a Life Member of the NRA and do not believe that anyone who owns a gun must be a member or even should be if they have issues with being a member of the NRA ... Whats the next thing that will be mandatory and when will it ever stop if it ever gets going ..? I totally disagree for obvious reasons ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I do aggree with WPT on this issue, however I am a life member and would like all to shooters to join the NRA. It represents the only strong united force we have to protect our rights.

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I beleave that we went to war so that we could have freedom of speech and choice...

11. Questor

Questor TS Member

I go so far as to say that people who do not own guns should be members of the NRA. This is not an extreme view based on my hobbies, it's because the NRA is the only effective organization that does anything to protect the integrity of the Bill of Rights.

When we have a situation where John McCain, who is still popular in Republican circles after parenting the McCain-Feingold Act, then we are in big trouble. In fact, congress did make a law that abridges freedom of speech. Here's the first amendment in its entirety:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

When we have a supreme court that runs amok with property law like Kelo v. New London, we're in big trouble.

Examine the rest of the Bill of Rights and see how it has been so diluted that many ammendments that our rights have been taken away gradually. For example, does anyone really believe that the Fourth Amendment stills stands?

12. AveragEd

While we all might not agree with everything the NRA does, I feel it is an organization that all gun owners should support. I don't think there can be any question that our gun ownership rights would have been seriously compromised by now if not for the NRA. There is no other faction that does for us what the NRA does but there are plenty of groups whose agenda is quite the opposite.

Look at it this way - if WE don't help ourselves, who will? You know the answer to that question...

Ed

13. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Thanks, Gordy. I agree with you on this 100%. The Freedom in Peril poster bears some careful thought. Phil E

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't take it kindly when someone's forcing something, anything on me and would be more than likely the person who would not be a part of something if it was for any other reason than my choice ... I make my choices and think everyone else should do the same thing for or against anything and everything based on their feelings about something and not based on someone elses telling them to and trying to force them to do something no matter how right or wrong it might be in that persons mind ... If thats the way you feel thats your choice, not mine and don't tell me how to feel because we do not agree ... I feel all American's have the right to own firearms if they are or choose not to be in the NRA ... My rights are equal to yours and so are everyone else's, and that includes freedom of choice PERIOD ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

WPT,
    Of course you have the right to choose to be a member or not.

I think what he's trying to say is this, "If you own guns, and are not a member of the NRA, shame on you!"

16. AveragEd

Bill IS a member; he just resents others assuming he SHOULD be one.

In most cases, I would support his position. Not every motorcycle owner belongs to the American Motorcyclist Association, the two-wheeled version of the NRA, and that doesn't bother me. But while motorcyclists are facing some "anti" movements, those factions aren't as well-organized and threatening as the ones opposing gun ownership.

No, a gun owner doesn't HAVE to belong to the NRA - but I think that most of us can agree that he sure OUGHT to.

Ed

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

This is just another Gordy rant. Remember he resigned from this site. He has deleted more posts than any poster on here and even on this thread. Some of you want to pat him on the back and praise him, For what? For calling others names if you don't agree. He pulled the same crap with people that didn't like his wood, notice the mention of a donation, he thinks he is better than the rest of you.

Yes I belong. Do I believe that the NRA is the sole salvation - No. It's using your voting rights along with proper candidates and education of the youth along with the NRA. Would I have guns without them?? I don't know and neither does Gordy. I do know it is better to have a NRA than not have them.

JoeE; You might like sucking up to Gordy but if you don't like what I say tell me. I don't know who Big Al is and so what.

Don

18. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I have to agree with WPT on this one. The NRA is a necessary thing but I
    don't agree with a lot of there issues-I am a member but I don't agree
    with forcing people to be a member.

joe

19. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

Bigdon, it is true you are an idiot. Scott

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott; Pray tell what do you base that on?? If you have some super thoughts please share them with me and others. It does not take a great amount of intelligence to call someone else an idiot other than being one yourself. Please enlighten us with your superior intelligence.

JoeE: I am not disagreeing with you about the NRA. If you are a reader of this site then you know that Gordy starts threads and deletes on a huge basis. I think he is one of the biggest abusers of this site and has been for a while. He posts things and then isn't big enough to leave them there. He is also quick to bash you if you disagree with him, just read above. You are not entitled to an opinion of your own with him. Shoot well and shoot often.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.