1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You must be old enough to comment intelligently

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by lots of 24's, Jun 15, 2013.

1. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

There are lot of people on ts.com that feel this country is far worse off today than it has ever been, when it comes to politics. Most of the trap shooters I know are plenty old enough to have lived through the watergate scandals and cover ups etc. My question is this, do think the only difference between then and now, is that back then the media wanted Nixon out. They pounded us daily with the latest political crap of the day. Why oh why hasnt Obama and Holder and Clinton been vilified daily? Why havent they resigned in shame? Why doesnt the media hold them to the same standard they did Nixon? Why havent they been tried for treason, or at least impeached?

I submit , that it is because the media is in their pocket and we dont get drilled with it every day like we did watergate.

What do you guys think? (If you have to google "watergate" you arent old enough)

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I remember Bush getting crucified when gas prices went north of $3.00. Remember Haliburton, claims of helping his Texas oil buddies, and market manipulation?

Now $3.80 gas is the standard, and the media doesn't say crap about it because they are for pro-liberal benchmarks: education reform via substandard production, unions, shared wealth despite work ethics and risk, global warming, free sex, arts and science, and the anti gun /anti war dreamland.

That dreamland will never survive, and the result will get ugly....very ugly!

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Doubt you are going to get much arguement on this one.

I would love to see this administration go thru a Watergate event.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of outright liars in one place in my entire life.
    The problem as I see it is that the congress doen't have the power to reign in the President and his cohorts.

Politcal appointees should not be allowed to take the 5TH. The only way you should be able to take the 5th in front of Congress is if you are facing indictment.

Once information is requested from the administration it should be delivered immediately and without question or editing. I can't beileve they can get away wqith all the foot dragging and middle finger pointing they are getting away with.

The only reason why this is happening, is because Congress has never been up against such a defiant administration.

This really needs to change.

Nobody trusts congress and only stupid people trust Obama.

Randy

Randy

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

What was the monkey shine; See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

The alphabet media knows that if they don't "report" it keeps the 47%er behind Obo!!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Because they are black, that's why. He has a nice leash on his supporters with the welfare, food stamps, freebies to the illegal aliens and least not forget the failure to prosecute the crooks he has working for him. God forbid you impeach the first black president. The Left Wing Liberal media would then have a heyday with the story of how Obama was impeached just because he is black.

Sorry folks, truth hurts.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

By the time of Watergate leftist ideology was already fixed in place in the news media. All you are seeing today is the same leftists in the media who (justifiably) savaged Nixon doing exactly the opposite to protect their leftist ideologue fellow.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

All Nixon did was black out `18.5 minutes of audio tape. DO WE EVEN USE AUDIO TAPE ANYMORE? Now we have Bengazi, fast and furious, Obamacare way into the stratsphere price wise, the gun debate debacle and trying to disarm and vileify all gun owners, the NSA demanding all of your Verizion records. And you KNOW that everything else is already being checked. Hell, they are building almost a 2 million dollar compound just to STORE the information they are mining right NOW.

I can't for the life of me understand why he is not being impeached right now.

There, that is my rant for the evening.

John

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Boy, a real shocker there, ZGUN is an Obama fan. We would have never guessed by your Liberal Left wing posts.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, whatever.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

so zgun,,,,,,,tell us exactly WHAT hussein has done that is a "good job",,,,,,,this should be interesting as lots of 24's asked for intelligence......

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Hussien Obama "IS" doing a good job-- He's doing a GREAT JOB ,For the anti gunners, pot heads,illegal aliens, lazy dead beats on the dole, abortionist, gay whack jobs, chicago thugs, Muslim terrorist, militant feminist, commie pinkos, and of course all those who are out to destroy the Constitution!!!!!

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Obama has done nothing. All his agendas have been failures. Obamacare is a train wreck, and that's the only thing he got passed.

Gitmo, Immigration reform, gun control, Green energy, unemployment, etc etc ad infinitum.

The stupid SOB goes on vacation, golfs, goes fundraising, and generally swrews the pooch constantly.

He had a non job as a community organizer, a non career in the Illinois Senate (which he got dishonestly) and a putrid senatorial record, but he did manage to speak out against the very things he is doing now -how's that for an accomplishment?

He has far surpassed Jimmy Carter and Woodrow Wilson as the worst president ever.

And his wife is a cow.

HM

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Now his successes:

Negligence
    Dissimulation
    Fraud
    Lying under his Oath of Office
    Dereliction of Duty
    Betrayal
    Grand Theft
    Bribery
    Racketeering
    Extortion

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

ZGUN, Latest CBS poll: Approval rating 45% (close to Bush in the middle of his second term), Approval of the Affordable Care act 32%.

You need to quit reading liberal blogs and get the real facts.

I'm not a Rush fan, but I think his "low information/slim intelligence" voter base claim is proving itself.

15. drgondog

drgondog Member

ZGUN - where has Obama leadership been beneficial to a.) economy, b.) support of Constitution, c.) national defense, d.) foreign policy, e.) transparency and accountability to Congress, f.) personally being a custodian of tax payer dollars in context of vacations and boondoggles?

Just Curious regarding your facts..

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

ZGUN, what Pnut wagon did you get thrown from? Gzee, Jake

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

All of the above not including the 32 czars he gave a job to making 3/4 of a million dollars for what? I have disliked him from the beginning where he was caught in so many lies. If he was honest, show his personal records. We know that he registered as a non-citizen for monies for college. That should have been enough not to get him elected but his liberal coaches and owners of liberal news have gotten him where he is today. Jackie B.

18. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Bush43 told us before he left for Texas. "Sometimes money trumps everything here in Washington".

Did any of you notice that the vast majority of commercials on the puppet news channels are giverment companies? GM car commercials run rampant on compliant media sites. Google and MS are not far behind. That's not a coincidence, nor was Zero grabbing GM and handing it to the Unions, as secured Bond holders were bypassed. Hand picked CEO's now decide where and to whom GM money goes.

We are sandwiched between the throws of two welfare systems. The poor and lazy and entitled on the bottom, and corporate welfare on top of us. A lobby firm can manipulate congress into a law change or addition that effects the cost of a product by a buck or two. It's hardly worth an individual's effort to argue with the giverment over a buck. So, the company makes 100 Million on sales, gives a couple million to Washington or the DNC, or whoever and the Forgotten Man (that's us - see Wm. Sumner) slides farther into the ooze from which we came.

Can you say, "how do you boil a live frog?" It may be the only Darwinian lesson the Liberals actually learned.

Our elite political class knows where the votes and weak points are in our electoral system and exploits it with OPM's - Other People's Money. They are not smart, they are devious - there is a difference. But, the end result is still harmful to us, and only us. Once inside, the politicians always prosper. Even those caught red-handed are given cushy jobs somewhere to shut them up, or wait out their penitence with the short-attention-span and perpetually greedy voters.

We've been told and warned 100's of times. It's no surprise any longer. Conservatives will never win this battle, for the simple reason that we like to be left alone, and extend that courtesy to all others, when not harassed. Liberals have a different mind set. They must change things to their advantage, and will obsess and inflict on issues ad nauseam.

Add a lack of moral restraint and liberals become poisonous to true liberty and freedom. This fact may shock some libbers that have persevered to this point. However, the right to dissent is and should be a two-way street. Their expectations don't have to be ours. They can live their life however, just don't expect me not to live mine in the same loud and open manner. Respect is earned, not given. Constitutional changes aren't necessary for every form of deviance.

Our country is right where our founding fathers knew it might well end. "We have given you a Republic, if you can keep it" (Ben Franklin). I'd venture a good guess that other than some of us on this site, the majority of Trap shooters and hunters have never written or called or may even know who their current federal and local congressmen are. Ask around the club house and see what you find out. Lot's of complainers, and just as much ambivalence in our ranks.

We're the Continental Army at our Valley Forge, frozen and tied and less willing than in the summer of our youth.

Kip

19. warren

warren Member

I agree with Setterman this "dreamland" cannot go on sooner or later and I don't know which, this is gonna come crumbling down. Crazy spending, out of control gov't, power grabs, lies all lead to some sort of crisis all I can say is we better get ready.

warren

20. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

ZGUN: nothing like a rigged election to keep you happy.

Majority my ass! majority of fools. Anyone who believes one word from this guys mouth is and idiot!

What has he delivered for YOU? Is "nothing" the correct answer?

If you are in a Union I can't wait til you find out you got screwed by him as well.

Randy