1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You might find this to be crazy BUT...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by T H Wallace, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T H Wallace

T H Wallace Member

Feb 13, 2008
    I was reloading the other day, getting ready for a shoot, when my MEC 9000H came to the top of the up stroke, and low and behold there were LEGS coming out of my powder drop tube. Upon immediate investigation, I found one of those DAMN STINK BUGS had crawled into my empty hulls,and well,plugged up the works.

Luckily I caught it in time,that I only had to clean the bug stink, from hull, and found only a double charge in the drop tube.

SO...PLEASE check your hulls here in the north east, until these pesky bugs are gone.

I have had the same issue with spiders too once in a while.

Just a fair warning.
  2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jan 29, 1998
    I've always found that Stink bugs add a tracer effect to the shell, while spiders simply lengthen the burning time of the powder a bit.

You just need to add a little more powder either way and quit whining.
  3. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Tri-Tec 14 Fly Repellant, kills Stink Bugs within 30 seconds of being sprayed and will continue to kill them in areas sprayed for 3 more days. Found at horse supply stores or tractor supply stores. A tad expensive, 74 bucks a gallon but a little goes a long ways. Also sold in quart size spray, @ 25 bucks a quart. My back porch/deck door, exposed to the sun has 100's of them in late after noon. I hit them with the spray and for the next 3-4 days I'm steady sweeping piles of them off the porch. Heard good reports on a product call Tel-Star also, but haven't had the need to use it. Southern States sells Tel-Star, about the same price per quart. I keep a old 16 ga. single shot in my shop. Haven't looked at it for 6 months or so. Last week I decided to run a patch thru the bore. The barrel was completly packed with stink bugs. I mean 100's of the critters, packed full. It now has a hunk of masking tape over the barrel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.