1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You guys needs to stop comparing DUI deaths with..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ysr_racer, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

You guy needs to stop comparing DUI deaths with mass shooting deaths

I see a lot of people comparing DUI deaths with mass shooting deaths, to show how few people are killed by guns every year.

These are two VERY different things. In DUI deaths there's no intent to kill, and very few of them have dozens of victims.

With mass shooting deaths, the intent is to kill as many people as possible, and there can be dozens of victims.

Is either one less dead, of course not. Don't be an a-hole.

Trust me, if I knew the answer to either one I'd tell you.

Before you go off, here's a little about me.

I'm in my 50's, I've been shooting guns since my teens, I've shot tens of thousands of rounds in IPSC, I've shot tens of thousands of rounds in sporting clays, and I'm the guy that invented the AR-15 Drop-in Auto Sear in the 70's.

Trust me I know what an AR-15 can do.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sorry ysr racer, but your wrong,

Both are "acts" of choice. When you take the numbers murdered in mass shootings it is pale in comparison to the numbers "murdered" by drunk drivers.

The shooter in CT "choose" to do what he did, the "Drunk" who murdered my Aunt and Niece "CHOOSE" to get behind the wheel of his car.

NO different then pulling a trigger, he turned a key instead!

My Niece was only a year old!!

Its good you know what a AR can do, DO you know what DRUNKS DO??

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Thompsons are illegal. In 1968 a sensationalist writer bought a DEWAT from one vendor and a barrel from another and presto a full auto gun, using his 8 year old daughter's name as the purchaser.

The article he wrote for Argosy Magazine was the impetus for the Gun Control Act of 1968.

I doubt if the Constitution is going to hold up here, since the hysteria is at full throttle.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.