1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You guys here are my last hope for a new gun case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I've been knocking myself out trying to find a hard case for my new SKB combo. For a 34' barrel my choices seem pretty limited. Mind you I want a fitted case. Not one of those waffle jobs. So far Jaqua's has got a Beretta used combo case that would work for 195.00. But com'on, an SKB in a Beretta case? Somehow doesn't feel right. Now, the only option I've found is the Americase for 340.00. Anyone here think I should just break down and go for the Americase? Jim

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

CALL MICK at WARWICK!!! 608-444-6233

http://www.warwickguncase.com/index-m.html

I bought a nice case for a 34" BT-99 for $135.00 (Might have been $125.00.)

SW

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=204359&Messages=3

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jim, or you can get a price on a new SKB case from SKB Corporation. They are not connected with SKB guns, but make a very nice case for half of what Americase wants. If your interested let me know and I will give you there Website address. I do not have it handy at the moment. Break=em all. Jeff

Oh Yeh, the SKB case is soooo much lighter than the Americase as well.

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Go for the best and good prices too. Todd
    http://www.warwickguncase.com/index-m.html

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Pull&Mark, wondered if I could actually get ahold of SKB cases. Any help is appreciated. Hey Stonewall, ya, guys at Jaqua's gave me the first heads up on Warwick. Thanks also for your nod as well. Those Warwick cases sure look nice. And priced very well too. Had'nt looked at Warwick until you reminded me. Warwick looks like an 'up and comer' maker. With what I've found out so far I'll probably get a Warwick. Thanks to all that respond. Jim

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I have a Perazzi combo with the hard case but I bought a SKB soft case with a additional compartment for the single barrel. I find it a lot more user friendly at shoots than breaking the gun down all the time to store in a hard case. Just my preference. Post-2

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Post2, it probably works better for a gun safe too. Jim

9. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

xringjim. Hard cases are nice for shipping or flying but I don't care to break my gun down all the time. Seems like I'm always bumping some thing. When I'm done with a event I run a rod thru the bore and a quick wipe down and then back in the soft case. Before storage after getting home a good cleaning is in order then into the safe. Post-2

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jim, I have a used Warmick alumnium case that I would sell. It holds 3 barrels and two receivers. Price is $200 plus shipping if interested.

11. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Pheasant, not a bad price. Thing is I'm looking to keep the case as small as possible for storage in my safe. Thanks, Jim

12. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

What Vern said. I purchased a High Grade and have been very pleased with it. It serves its purpose well. Airline approved - no. Vehicle travel approved - yes. Website has the dimensions.

Rod

13. Twixter

Twixter Member

Xringjim:

I'm Mick McGinley and I have started by own line of takedown hard guncases. I'm no longer affilated with Warwick. But if you liked the quality of the warwick you'll like my new cases. They are built as well but are just a little larger to accomadate the higher ribs and taller combs. If you would care to confer more about the cases or anything else please call me (toll free) at 877-962-6233 or E-Mail me at twixter@verizon.net. The new cases are under the name of MarMic gun case co. Hope to hear from you or anyone soon.

Mick McGinley

14. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Mick, I'll call you Mon. Thanks, Jim

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jim, I'm sorry I can't find my info for them right now. I would give Briley a call this morning and talk to Gary Singer if possible, but anyone there should do. There number is 1-800-331-5718. They sold me mine at a better price than SKB was selling at the time. They should have trap cases in stock. They will also be able to get you the website address so that you can look at all the models they have. Some shooters here say the SKB case are OK for airline use, but I would be a little leary about airline use with mine. But they are a great case for driveing to any shoot, even cross country, and are soooo much lighter than the metal ones that I would use for airline use. They are a good solid plastic case for the money. Lifetime warranty. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

16. lju

lju Member

Check out the Colorado Case that Doug Hubbart makes and sells. In my opinion the best case for the money, hands down. He can customize about anything you may want or need. Do a search by sign-on name beaker 100 and you'll find pictures of many cases. Good luck.

lju

17. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call guns unlimited-- they were skb for a long time- i bet they have one left over? 402-339-0771

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.