1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You guys are funny

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lots of 24's, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Being a trapshooter for quite some time now I know for a fact that most of you trapshooters are old. 50 years old, give or take a decade. Probably 60 give or take a decade is closer to being accurate. I, myself, am 55 years old.
    The only reason I mention this is because you all lived through the 60's. Vietnam era, the generation gap,draft card burning, sex drugs and rock and roll, college student protests everywhere, civil rights demonstrations every where, hippies, woodstock.......all that stuff was experienced in some way shape or form by the vast majority of the people that call themselves trapshooters. Everyone that age lived through it.

Maybe you were part of what Richard Nixon called the silent majority.(more of a 70's thing) But no matter how you lived through those times.

Have any of you guys noticed that all of these threads about occupy wall street, et al.....they all sound like our parents did whe we were young and living through those changing times. Our parents and their ways had to be changed....and they were.....like it or not.

You people that dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it. These kids are calling themselves the 99 per cent........you guys better sit up and listen. They have nothing to lose.........which is the single, biggest thing every revolution has had going for itself.

2. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

It's all good. I took up trap shooting a year ago when I was 39. Now all of my friends have an average age of 66.7 years old :)

This is very much like the late 60's that I read about and romantisized as a kid. Tough times beget change in popular thinking and culture. Some good, some not so much.

I'm just glad I disovered trap, as it is my own form of therapy. My son is 12, and he shoots NRA junior rifle league, trap and hunts deer. PASS IT ON.

3. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

It's all good. I took up trap shooting a year ago when I was 39. Now all of my friends have an average age of 66.7 years old :)

This is very much like the late 60's that I read about and romantisized as a kid. Tough times beget change in popular thinking and culture. Some good, some not so much.

I'm just glad I disovered trap, as it is my own form of therapy. My son is 12, and he shoots NRA junior rifle league, trap and hunts deer. PASS IT ON.

4. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

5. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

6. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

7. FrankADavisJr

FrankADavisJr Member

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

lots of 24's, This is different. We've never had an entitlement society that doesn't understand economics. Previous protests were society oriented.

Now it's about ME, ME, ME.

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Mr. Davis,

That was a good post. Virtually all of the positive influence on my life came from men at least one generation older than me. You have chosen to align yourself with a group of talented, involved, informed and sharing men. You are teaching your son how to live a respectful life in which he can grow up understanding how to make good, solid choices.

The children on Wall Street have no moral or ethical compass. They are a mirror image of their parents. They are maggots and social remora who are carbon copies of their Woodstock forebears.

I'll be 66 in December. I had my first paper route when I was 9 years old. I've had time to join together with other Americans who have always chosen to honor and uphold the great values and traditions of our God given Country. Because of men like you and because of your dedication to your son and your family, this country will always be strong.

Like the explosion down at the grain elevator, social maggots will always get headlines for a few days...then they will be gone. The pathetic urchins will wither away aimlessly...probably back home to cop some crack from their moms. Maybe their reckless behaviors won't devour them.

In all candor, though, it wouldn't bother me if they all ended up in a dumpster.

Kit Thomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.