1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You don't see these very often.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PA101_guy, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Not affiliated with the seller.....just thought someone might be looking for a set. Pigeon Grade 32's with both bbls. factory tubed. Very tough to come by.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

2. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Not affiliated with the seller.....just thought someone might be looking for a set. Pigeon Grade 32's with both bbls. factory tubed. Very tough to come by.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

3. Roaming Bowman

Roaming Bowman TS Member

Dave, does this barrel fit the Diamond grade unsingle?

4. Roaming Bowman

Roaming Bowman TS Member

Dave, does this barrel fit the Diamond grade unsingle?

5. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

RB,

Again, I am not associated with the seller but I'll tell you what I know about 101's. Early production 101's had different extractors, machining of the breeches, and forearm irons, and do not interchange with later models. That said, Pigeon Grades did not have factory chokes till late production and by then I think the forearms, extractors, and breeches... as far as I can tell.... are the same as the Diamonds.
    I have several DG's including an ungun and it appears from the photos that yes, those tubes should fit a DG reciever with possible gunsmith fitting necessary. They look identical to me.
    I'm not 100% positive but pretty sure. Hope this helps.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

6. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

RB,

Again, I am not associated with the seller but I'll tell you what I know about 101's. Early production 101's had different extractors, machining of the breeches, and forearm irons, and do not interchange with later models. That said, Pigeon Grades did not have factory chokes till late production and by then I think the forearms, extractors, and breeches... as far as I can tell.... are the same as the Diamonds.
    I have several DG's including an ungun and it appears from the photos that yes, those tubes should fit a DG reciever with possible gunsmith fitting necessary. They look identical to me.
    I'm not 100% positive but pretty sure. Hope this helps.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

7. cementman

cementman Member

Dave
    You seem to know what your talking about. I have a DG, one of the latest models, that they call a Classic Double, with the adjustable length of pull trigger. Just before Winchester sold out to Classic Double Guns. My forearm looks exactly like the one in the photo. What would be your, or anybody else's opinion on this one being able to hook up on my gun, of course with some fitting.

8. cementman

cementman Member

Dave
    You seem to know what your talking about. I have a DG, one of the latest models, that they call a Classic Double, with the adjustable length of pull trigger. Just before Winchester sold out to Classic Double Guns. My forearm looks exactly like the one in the photo. What would be your, or anybody else's opinion on this one being able to hook up on my gun, of course with some fitting.

9. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

roamingb: your unsingle does it have the upper firing pin and mechinisms? that should be the limiting factor to fitting it to your gun.

cement: the parts should interchange between the winny and cd's

10. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

roamingb: your unsingle does it have the upper firing pin and mechinisms? that should be the limiting factor to fitting it to your gun.

cement: the parts should interchange between the winny and cd's

11. cementman

cementman Member

WHEW, thank you ROLLNBLOCK for alerting me to a possible problem, was all set to put a bid in on this barrel. My Win 101 DG is a oversingle and the trigger obviously works only on the top barrel, don't know if it can be reworked to fire an over/under barrel. Anyone have an opinion or heads-up if it can be accomplished????

12. cementman

cementman Member

WHEW, thank you ROLLNBLOCK for alerting me to a possible problem, was all set to put a bid in on this barrel. My Win 101 DG is a oversingle and the trigger obviously works only on the top barrel, don't know if it can be reworked to fire an over/under barrel. Anyone have an opinion or heads-up if it can be accomplished????

13. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Hey cementman,

Thanks for the compliment. I'm certainly not a 101 expert per se but no doubt a hard core enthusiast for sure....I love them and over the years have done tons of research concerning 101's and Classic Doubles.

I also have a late model DG top single I bought NIB......adj. trigger, flush mount CT's, factory ported, like yours. Mine as well is one of the last Winchester DG's before CD as you said. My box actually has a Classic Doubles label glued over the original Olin-Winchester label! I also have an unsingle and O/U.

Both singles are fitted with fully functioning upper and lower firing mechanisms. All recievers on any DG I have ever seen are complete. They built them all the same for singles, O/U's and combo sets. The issue here is that the barrel selectors on singles are locked upper on the TS and lower for the ungun.

I have not had the stocks off mine in a while but if I remember correctly, there is a little clip or block of some sort that is easily removed allowing the barrel selector to function.

As far as the barrels fitting, I looked at the photos again and I stand by my original opinion that yes, they will fit a DG. All the parts and forearm iron are identical to my 3 guns.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

14. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Hey cementman,

Thanks for the compliment. I'm certainly not a 101 expert per se but no doubt a hard core enthusiast for sure....I love them and over the years have done tons of research concerning 101's and Classic Doubles.

I also have a late model DG top single I bought NIB......adj. trigger, flush mount CT's, factory ported, like yours. Mine as well is one of the last Winchester DG's before CD as you said. My box actually has a Classic Doubles label glued over the original Olin-Winchester label! I also have an unsingle and O/U.

Both singles are fitted with fully functioning upper and lower firing mechanisms. All recievers on any DG I have ever seen are complete. They built them all the same for singles, O/U's and combo sets. The issue here is that the barrel selectors on singles are locked upper on the TS and lower for the ungun.

I have not had the stocks off mine in a while but if I remember correctly, there is a little clip or block of some sort that is easily removed allowing the barrel selector to function.

As far as the barrels fitting, I looked at the photos again and I stand by my original opinion that yes, they will fit a DG. All the parts and forearm iron are identical to my 3 guns.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

15. Roaming Bowman

Roaming Bowman TS Member

Rollnblock: Yes, the upper firing pin is there along with the selector...........Pat101Guy: I checked the receiver on my DG Trap and it appears to be the same as my unsingle also the selector on the unsingle moves to either top or bottom barrel..... Thanks for the help.

16. Roaming Bowman

Roaming Bowman TS Member

Rollnblock: Yes, the upper firing pin is there along with the selector...........Pat101Guy: I checked the receiver on my DG Trap and it appears to be the same as my unsingle also the selector on the unsingle moves to either top or bottom barrel..... Thanks for the help.

17. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

RB,

I have never seen a selector switch on a DG sold with a single barrel only that was not locked. Was your ungun originally part of a combo set ? Or perhaps the factory did not lock the selector for some reason..... interesting.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

18. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

RB,

I have never seen a selector switch on a DG sold with a single barrel only that was not locked. Was your ungun originally part of a combo set ? Or perhaps the factory did not lock the selector for some reason..... interesting.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

19. joe922

joe922 TS Member

Hello, Do you have a selector switch on the recever ? If you do pull the trigger to fire the top .Than wack the butt of the gun and pull the trigger again ? The barrels selector only select's which barrel is first! recoil sets the second barrel !
    I am looking for a double for my top single everything is in place slector switch and both firing pins are present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.