Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't just suppose it would work.........

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BDodd 
#1 ·
A man walked into a curio shop in Dobson , North Carolina. Looking around at the exotica, he noticed a very life-like, life-size bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but it looked so striking that he decided he must have it.

He took it to the owner and asked "How much is the bronze rat?"

"Twelve dollars for the rat, a hundred dollar restocking charge if you bring it back," said the owner.

The man gave the shop owner twelve dollars. "I'll take the rat; And I won't be bringing it back." As he walked down the street carrying the bronze rat, he noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of alleys and sewers, and began following him down the street. This was a bit disconcerting, so he began to walk a little bit faster. Within a couple of blocks, the group of rats behind him grew to over a hundred, and they began squealing. He started to trot towards the Harbor. He took a nervous look around and saw that the rats numbered in the thousands, maybe in the millions, and they were all squealing and coming towards him faster and faster. Terrified, he ran to the edge of the water and threw the bronze rat as far out into the Harbor as he could. Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the water after it, and were drowned.

The man walked back to the curio shop.

"Aha," said the owner, "You're bringing it back !"

"Actually no," said the man. "I came back to see how much you want for that little bronze Mexican over there."

See less See more
#11 ·
I first heard that story several years ago and when the fellow returned, after tossing the rat off a bridge across the Mississippi River and watching all the live rats follow, he asked the shop owner if he had a statue of an attorney....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.