1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

You could be a felon!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wondering how many on this forum, would be considered a felon--by the type of firearms & ammo they currently possess if they lived in the following:

NJ--magazine larger than 10 rds, hollow point ammo.

Ca.

NYC

Mass.

Chicago

Any other states or cities than need to be listed

Phil Berkowitz

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

felon; maybe by some standards, but a true American, bred and born here, no BS about my birth certificate, served my country and will fight to defend her and the Bill of Rights as needed!!

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Roger that..

Jon Reitz

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

About 80% of the law abiding residents around here would be considered law breakers in those areas - the rest are still in grade school.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I live in Mass. There is no restriction on Hollow Point Ammo. Large capacity magazines have been outlawed in mass for over 12 years.

They never confiscated the ones that were in existence when the law passed at least not to my knowledge. I don't happen to own any over 10 rounds but then I don't feel a need for more than ten rounds. There is nothing that can't be accomplished in ten shots.

If it can't I won't be needing bigger magazines anyway.

Bob Lawless

6. shelly

shelly TS Member

"There is nothing that can't be accomplished in ten shots."

Wrong..........there is plenty that can't be accomplished in 10 shots.

So, Bob, since you don't want magazines which hold more than 10 rounds you agree that they should be illegal !!!! That makes you a quasi gun banner.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Those aforementioned venues are not fit for human habitation!!

Curt

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"since you don't want magazines which hold more than 10 rounds you agree that they should be illegal !!!! That makes you a quasi gun banner."

I am curious shelly seeing how you criticize everyone and every subject that is posted here. You also seem to correct everyones spelling and grammar.

Where do you see the words in my post that say no one needs a magazine with more than ten rounds???? The title of the thread is "You could be a felon" I simply stated the reasons I am not a felon.

It is bad enough that you can't have a thought that doesn't find something wrong with what everyone say. Now you are finding ways that don't exist to start trouble. I told you before take your Bit** shirt off and act like a human.

BTW I don't care whether you like it or not. So tell us just who is hijacking the thread now?????

Bob Lawless

9. BT99

BT99 Member

I have a question about the hollow point ammo and New Jersey. Does this apply to rifle ammo, such as a hollow point match bullet in a 222 for target shooting? I don't live in New Jersey and have no plans on going there. Just curious.

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

+1 to Twinbird's missive.

Jim

11. Mykidstrap

Mykidstrap TS Member

If I lived in them liberal States, I would obey the laws like it or not and I would still not be a felon. I personally own several weapons (self-defense tools). Some with high capacity mags and some not, the gun I carry most is a Colt Chief Special second generation .38 snub. For those that don't know, it's a 6 shot.

12. shelly

shelly TS Member

Technically bannerbob is only a magazine banner not a gun banner. As to his grammar, it would be a hopeless task to try to correct that- LOL.

13. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you're going to make statements at least get you're facts right...

http://www.nj.gov/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

14. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I'm damn glad I don't live anywhere those liberal cesspools...Bill

15. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

Shelly is lacking self control over (his or her?) Right to SPEW at the mouth again. I agree Bob said nothing wrong. It look's like some people just can't help themselve's. No offense Shelly, But you can save your knowledge for someone who Cares!!

Thank's, Mike

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Let's look at the bright side:

Do you own a semi-auto shotgun?

Or a centerfire handgun?

Do you own a high-powered or "black" rifle (gasp!).

If so, enjoy them fully, and be thankful for the opportunity. For you will almost certainly be one of the last generations of Americans to ever own them without being a felon for it -- an enemy of the state, if you will. Children will ask their grandparents in amazement, "Did the government really let people own guns back then?!"

-Gary

17. shelly

shelly TS Member

Thanks for sharing that Mikey. Rest assured that I do care, really I do.

18. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Shelly - Do you ever engage in a little road rage? How about when you get cut-off by a Volt sporting "Save the Whales" and "Hope and Change" Obama bumper stickers?

19. shelly

shelly TS Member

LOL- I never talk to skeeters cause I can't look at their pink tutus and can't stand the oinking sounds. Those pink shells are cute though.

20. oz

oz Active Member

It's colt detective special....the chief's special is S&W. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.