1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

YOU CANT BEAT KRIEGHOFF

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if your story speaks good or bad about Krieghoff. I would think that the best response would have been for Krieghoff to send you the proper firing pin in the first place. That way, you could install it and be out shooting later the same day.

OTOH, it may be that Krieghoffs are so complicated to work on that only factory trained technicians can be trusted to do it correctly.

2. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

In my opionion, Krieghoff treated the REBEL right!!! They took a 20+ year old gun and did an upgrade at no charge. You can't ask for better than that!!

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Complicated guns arent bad if they work- Krieghoffs work

There are way too many target guns out there, of all makes, that owners or local gunsmiths have messed up, some badly.

It pays to have quality and good design to begin with.

It pays to have your guns worked on by someone that works on target guns all the time.

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

John A. Bell: I would like to address your subject "You Can't Beat Krieghoof". IMHO The K-80 is Ugly. I've owned two (2) and from a reliability viewpoint they are faultless.

The K-32 is a Remington with the trigger cleaned up. The modified Remington 3200 was the prototype for the K-80 Unsingle. I think Kay Ohye has about run the K-80 Unsingle as far as it will go. Perrazi is beating the Kemchi out of Krieghoff by a ratio of 2/1. Apparently there are other shooters that don't like ugly guns. On the other hand maybe the K-80 hasn't kept up with the innovative Perazzi designs. Earl4140

5. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

earl4140,

Innovative Perazzi designs? K-80's are ugly compared to Perazzi's? Don't make me laugh. What innovative designs, perfecting the process of taking a fence post and making a stock out of it? How about there great service, oh yeah they don't have that.

Krieghoff must be doing something right. Harlan has shot every gun out there and he stands behind the K-80 100%. It also seems to me that Kiner shot a Perazzi and then decided to go with a K-80. It looks like Perazzi is losing ground.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Perazzi repairs made Giacomo a wealthy man. Soft parts and a design over 40 years old. Inferior adjustability and hard on the shoulder.

Krieghoff sells every gun imported into this country. Their service is first class and often free!!

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I don't know about ugly, but I have owned a K32 and a K80 and they were the hards kicking guns, other than a 870, that I have ever shot. I have a 3200 Combo, unsingle and it is a soft shooter. I also have three Perazzi and I believe they are head a shoulders above the K guns. JME Ben

8. RBur

RBur TS Member

Did anybody ever notice that the longest line at any shoot is at the

"PERAZZI" tent. LOL

Ron Burdick

9. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

If you want real service buy an SKB. There service is first class. It's better than Perazzi and Kreighoff combined.

Tom

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a jutic and you'll never need to replace anything. 20 years on mine and it's never need a new part.

11. chrisg

chrisg Member

SKB service better be good....they get enough practice at it! You work on broken crap often enough your gonna find the quickest methods sooner or later!
    I don't buy a gun for speed of service, I buy it for reliability. That's why I shoot Krieghoff!!

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

John....you are right....one of the best guns available!.....Oh, that reminds me.....got to go pick up the bullet proof vest and mask I ordered! Have fun!

13. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Hipshot,

You are full of crap. When is the last time a K gun blew up on you????

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Having shot most of them, I prefer the Krieghoff for shooting, and their service is second to none. Even a Rolls Royce or Rolex requires periodic service.

With that said, my backup gun is a Browning Cynergy. I have no reason to think it will not give superior service as well.

As much as we shoot these things, they ALL need periodic service.

Folks shooting the Perazzi love their guns as well. One cannot fault Giacomo for providing service, which, as I understand, is great.

15. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I shoot a Krieghoff. The only time in five years, I've had a problem has been with the cocking mechanisms which Kreighoff fixed quickly! Otherwise, like a Timex watch the gun keep on shooting.

Rick Brohmer

16. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

The KS5 is is not complicated at all. I can stip my reciever completely down clean and lube and have it back together in about 45 minutes. The K80 may be a different story. The firing pin hole needed to be enlarged for the upgraded part, thats why they wanted the reciever back.
    Dave

17. saluki68

saluki68 TS Member

Krieghoff's are very durable (at least mine). Perazzi's have a drop-out trigger for a reason! Tom

18. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

krieghoffs look just like the old remington 32 from which they evolved (witness the old style hood as a locking device)

19. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

From a distance, a Beretta looks like a Fabbri. A Kemen looks like a Perazzi, and a Remington 32/3200 resembles a Krieghoff. Next point to be made is???? LOL

We all have our favorites. In over 20 years of shooting Krieghoffs I have not had one of the dozen or so I have owned break. I am sure there are Perazzi owners who can say the same thing, and Browning owners, and so on.

The type of loads we shoot, the service we give them and the care we give them has a lot to do with how well they hold up.

An old friend of mine had a pair of high grade K-80's he kept in their cases. He was not much about cleaning them, or even wiping them off after shooting. He had to get them reblued annually and serviced. One cannot use that fellow's poor service on his guns as a yardstick for reliability of the gun.

Sometimes, a lemon DOES escape the factory. Then, the way they handle it determines customer loyalty.

When I ordered my last high grade '80, which I still have, I ordered it as a 32" trap gun with a RH stock with adj comb.

SIX WEEKS later, when I got it, it had a sporting barrel on it and a LEFT HAND STOCK! To say I was miffed at having a mega buck shotgun that I could not shoot was an understatement. How did they handle it?

They quickly fitted a proper barrel on it and upgraded it with a CROWN GRADE STOCK, NO CHARGE, and with profuse apologies. APOLOGY ACCEPTED! (snicker)

I may have a Browning for a backup, but the Krieghoff is the King of shotguns, in my mind, and Krieghoff Intl' gives top drawer service. No doubt.

20. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Pat,

You have friends?

Fred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.