1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

YOU CAN HELP LOWER PRICE OF GAS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

This is from an email that is circulating...sounds good to me. Fuel prices are subject to simple laws of supply and demand. When you need fuel, buy just enough to get you through the day. Fuel up every day if you can spare the extra time and hassle. Keep your tanks on boats, rv's equiptment below a 1/4 tank when they are sitting. if enough people do this, the oil companys will have so much fuel in their storage tanks they will have no choice but to lower their prices. Pass this along to all who use gas or diesel.

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Not going to happen.....you really want to lower the price of gas, stop driving. Then it's 00 for you.

Rickyd

3. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

This cracks me up, lower the price on gas but keep buying that $30.00 a bag shot..

ol 12

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Its summer and you need gas so the gas co will jack prices up because you need gas. Its winter and your not driving as much so they jack prices up because your not using as much gas. All they are going to do is jack the price of gas up because of any reason they can think of. Remember after Katrina they the gas co started to make record profits $39 Bill in one quarter and it did not stop there. even with the price of oil they are not loosing money but making it. Its a scam and the gov knows it.

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

You guys are more comical than the Three Stooges. Only one thing controls the price of fuel....supply and demand. And you want to put the blame anywhere except where it belongs....on us. Try driving 60mph and see how many 4x4 dualies hauling nothing pass you doing 80 to 90. This will be a flash to many, but the increased fuel burn with increased speed is not linear, it is a curve starting at 45mph for most vehicles and getting increasingly steeper as speed increases. My Frontier, for example, gets 32mpg at 50mph, 30mpg at 60mph, 26mpg at 70mph and 23mpg at 75mph. The U.S. uses 21m bbls. of the worlds 83m bbls. daily consumption. One half of the 21m is for fuel...the remainder for other products. It will require at least a 2m bbls. per day reduction to effect oil prices. We can do it, but it takes everybody reducing their demand to affect it.

Buz

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Supply and demand is laughable, it no longer holds true except for them to say we create a demand and their supply is what they want it to be.

A perfect example is Natural Gas, there is more NG available now than ever in history, even when it was being flared off to extract oil, NG should be pennies but at the moment sits at $7.82 a thousand. All storage is full and well heads shut in, I can show you tremendous wells that are allowed to flow 6 hours a month, to hold contracts, and because they have so much invested in those wells with no great return-----this is the reasoning for the price.

Even T. Boone will tell you there is no problem with supply, nor did we come close to critical during Katrina, but it did show the vulnerable weakness of the public eye.

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I get 38mpg in my new Civic...and no its not a hybrid. I cant complain.

Forrest

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

If your car gets 30 to 40 mpg thats great but do you want to be in that car when it gets hit by something? I don't.

9. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Hell, won't a trapshooter drive 50 miles out of his way to save 50 cents on a bag of shot?

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Here's a novel idea.

Use less gas.

11. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Horse & buggy time!!!!!! Maybe slow down the spin!

12. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Let me see gas last sumemr was around $3.25 In November, around election time it drops to $2.05. Shortly, after the congressional elections it continues to rise to $3.00 again. It's no longer supply & demand. It's simply governmental price supports at the pump and the American consumer is carrying the brunt!

Nothing has been heard from our new and improved Congress. Bush and the Republicans are now the minority, yet I have heard nothing from the Pelosi party yet on this subject! Yet, it could be worse. Look what they pay in Europe?

Rick

13. oz

oz Active Member

the stock market is responsible for price fluctuations (gouging) the oil companies have a virtual monopoly. I believe this is still against federal law? they have a lot of standard answers for us prisoners. I think the obscene amounts the CEO's are making should be given back to us and they should be thrown in jail (not a country club that they are used to getting). The prices for fuel for war are never an issue, but the stockholders are making BILLIONS. My rantings are a waste of my time and yours though. People have to rob peter (stuff we would like to buy) to pay paul (big oil). oz

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

i THYOUGHT THE DEMS PROMISED TO LOWER PRICES. iTS GONE UP SINCE THEY GOT IN POWER.

15. smartass

smartass TS Member

Like some said, we can lower the price of gasoline by using less. There are many ways to do this, but one of the best is to get off your fat ass and learn to walk again. Try walking on any trip of less than 1 mile and you might even lose some weight and get healthier.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gas $3 a gallon. I just calculated at that rate that I will spend around 3% of my income on gasoline.

Now how much of your income is taken from you by your beloved big government? I figure around 50%. Income tax, self employment tax, Medicare tax, state income tax, county income tax, property tax, sales tax, gasoline excise tax, phone tax, license plate fees, cable TV tax, liquor tax, cigar tax, business license tax, dog tax, restaurant tax, airline ticket tax, rental car tax, tax upon tax upon tax..................................

If gas goes up 50 cents a gallon it's outrage time. Why not direct some of that rage toward the people who are really ripping you a new one. Talking about gouging, the government is taking in more money now than it has ever has before, and what do you get for it?

At least you get a product in return for the money you exchange with an oil company. The government holds a gun to your head and takes what they want and you have no choice about it.

Dam Pelosi and Reid!

17. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

When you go to vote pick the ones that didn't take PAC monies from oil companies and vote for them.Don't hold your breath while looking for one you'll die first Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.