1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yogi Bear says, "What a place to put a cliff!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Porcupine, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I remember (when I was much, much younger) watching a Yogi Bear cartoon and, as was typical of cartoons of that era, our hero ("smarter than the average bear!") would be chased off a cliff and not be affected by the law of gravity for at least five seconds, and would then face the viewers and say "What a place to put a cliff!" before disappearing off the bottom of the TV screen. I've always thought that was a hilarious remark in the face of doom.

Anyway, I wish I'd been smarter than the average bear last Saturday night. I was walking to my car in total darkness and should have walked downhill on a driveway to the parking area, but I missed the driveway in the dark and walked off a four-foot embankment instead. I sustained a broken clavicle and a knee that is functional, but will need therapy. Can't hunt fall turkeys and no trap shooting until mid-November. I really could have used some of that cinematic magic used by Yogi, Wiley Coyote and so many others. I'm actually lucky to be alive (no head injuries), but still, what a place to put a cliff! Be careful out there!

LA in MA

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yogi Bear says,

My dad did that in Korea. Walked off a cliff in the pitch black. He was unhurt, but he shattered the stock on his Garand.

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

Yogi Bear says,

i hate to hear that, porcu. i carry a very small led light in my pocket with my pen knife and keys. never know it's there; but it's there when i need it. good luck with it

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Yogi Bear says,

L.A. I'm glad to say that I don't feel your pain. No turkey hunting--thats REALLY got to hurt. Four feet is a long way to go, especially when it's straight down. Now you know how Wile E. Coyote felt every Saturday morning. Look at the bright side, at least you can keep score and reward your friends and punish your foes. Does anyone you know deserve a 26 or even a 49 straight?

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yogi Bear says,

"Being a government-protected bear does have its drawbacks". Out of the mouths of bears...LOL!

Hope you get better sooner than they tell you!

6. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Yogi Bear says,

"The Ranger's not gonna like this, Yogi..." These are my favorite words from Boo Boo, and they still echo in my head when I am about to do stuff I know that I shouldn't.

Hope your recovery is full and swift. Take care!

7. planemaker

planemaker TS Member

Yogi Bear says,

My favorite words from Boo Boo,

" Yogi, can I have your pogo stick ?"

8. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Yogi Bear says,

A long time ago a friend and I were walking next to a wall that was about four feet high. He said that I coouldn't jump over the wall. He claims he didn't know that there was a 10 foot drop on the other side of the wall.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yogi Bear says,

did you wave bye bye as gravity became a reality?...how about the little puff of vapor left behind when you started falling?.....Enough jokes...glad you were not hurt any worse than you were...at least you can have mama bake you up a grocery store turkey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

yogi bear can i have your pogo stick