1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yodeling offends Muslims....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh good grief.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

by Elad Benari

It seems as though in Austria, the popular yodel is an insult to Muslims.

An Austrian court has recently fined a citizen for yodeling while mowing his lawn, according to a report in The Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The citizen, 63-year-old Helmut G., was told by the court that his yodeling offended his next-door Muslim neighbors, who accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

In Muslim tradition, the Muezzin is the chosen person at a mosque who leads the call to prayer at Friday services and the five daily times for prayer from one of the mosque's minarets.

The yodel is a song which is sung with an extended note which rapidly and repeatedly changes in pitch and makes a high-low-high-low sound. Developed in the Central Alps as a method of communication between alpine mountaineers or between alpine villages, the yodel later became part of the region's traditional lore and musical expression. The technique is used in many cultures throughout the world and Austria is one of the countries where it is most popular.

Unfortunately for Helmut G., his neighbors were in the middle of a prayer when he started to yodel. The Kronen Zeitung reported that he was fined 800 Euros after judges ruled that he could have tried to offend his neighbors and ridicule their belief.

Helmut G. clarified that “It was not my intention to imitate or insult them. I simply started to yodel a few tunes because I was in such a good mood.”

(IsraelNationalNews.com)

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I find most of Islam offensive as it portrays me as an infidel, lower than a dog. Who will stand up for me in the courts?

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Get ready,,,this shit is coming to Amerika,,,,thanks to the Imam in the White House,,,,,,

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Ditto what OMGB said!

5. soundaround

soundaround Member

Isn't yodeling an offense in every culture? :)

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Yodeling would be better than this echoing through the neighborhood....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeK-6bhZhi4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeK-6bhZhi4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Damn!...I must be a muslim...somebody please pass me a ham sammich

8. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I say at the next parade throw crap and what ever you want to get rid out at them from widows and roof tops, show them our love. There's a lot of History written about there beliefs. "wake up" there spreading worst than a contagious disease.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tell this to Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, or Elton Britt and a host of other great yodelers. You can't yodel and call your camel. Charlie Henderson

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Bullets used in OEF and OIF should be produced by homosaxsual owned corporations and waved over porkfat. Wonder if we source any bullets from IMI???Recall the optical sight company that had to remove an offensive Christian religious epithet on a sight they produced for our warfighters. It must be horribly offensive for Muslims if a soldier blesses himself to Christ before spattering a wacko terrorist kook's head all over the afghan countryside from a mile away. But - nobody complained at all when the Muslime kooks very loudly praised allah as they giddily executed those Americans a couple years back and filmed it for web consumption. The Nation is getting weaker by the day...

11. oz

oz Active Member

well at least NY won't get nuked. oz

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Will I have to destroy all of my Slim Whitman albums? There goes "Una Paloma Blanca"!

Seriously though, why should anyone be held responsible for offending anyone else. If a party is offended - LEAVE or learn to put up with it.

I find headscarves offensive. They denote subserviance which should offend all intelligent people. If a Muslim finds a yarmulke offensive will the Jews have to give them up. What about church bells or Gregorian Chants. Will they be forbidden as well.

I am tired of the Muslim bs. We are going to go to war with them eventually, why not now!

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't know, some of those Swiss and Austrian gals can come yodel over here anytime they want. They got some great peaks over there - good places to yodel too!

Oh, Im sorry did that offend anyone?

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I find the Muslims to be more offensive than just about any and everything else ... I have to go to my Yodeling classes now ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. neofight

neofight TS Member

I can see it now, thousands of our troops marching into battle,eating ham sandwiches and armed only with a shoulder- mounted amp and loudspeaker, yodeling at ear-splitting sound levels. "Yodel-ladie-whooooooooo!

16. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...maybe their-rag-ass heads would explode like the Aliens brains in Mars Attacks!! Yodle-away baby...

17. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to yodel but willing to learn to offend any and all rag-heads, especially the one in the White House...Bill

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Was I the only one who laughed at the mere title of this thread?

-Gary

19. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The judge who ruled thus should be hanged by the neck until dead right next to the muslims that complained.

Buz

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Time for the lard solution water balloons. On the front door of their mosques.

We bow to them while they bomb Christians.

Time for a backbone to show.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.