1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

yeti type cooler wanted

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by mission6222, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mission6222

mission6222 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

looking for a used quality cooler,yeti,mueller,black rock type. Willing to pay a fair price for cooler in the 120 qt range. Any one have one they do not need any more? Thanks loyd

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Check out the Coleman EXtreme....rated almost as good as Yeti, but a fraction of the cost. We really like ours.

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

0   0   0

I agree with Karla. There is a u-tube video which shows the test of all those coolers and the Coleman held ice longer than the rest for a fraction of the cost.
    Pat

4. Bill Sergent

Bill Sergent Member

0   0   0

I just purchased a 120 quart Yeti cooler and was disappointed
    With the performance . We have a couple of Coleman Extreme coolers
    And they perform as well or better than the Yeti. Another big complaint is
    The weight of the Yeti, when it is full of ice and water it practically takes a forklift
    To move it.
    At this point I would not recommend one , the lack of additional performance just doesn't justify the added cost .

Bill Sergent

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Coleman Xtreme best value, best insulation. Yeti, best latches.

6. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Wish Colman would put good latches on there coolers. They could charge double for what they sell for now & still be 2/3 cheaper than yeti

7. mission6222

mission6222 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

thanks for the info, looks like colman would be a good choice. loyd

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

7mag,

Just pick up a spare set of latches/hinges - comes as a kit (you can find the appropriate ones on Amazon).

Replace every few seasons and you'll be fine.

9. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have two colemans. I skin and quarter my deer then freeze them. With an outside temp averaging between 40-70, those will keep that deer frozen solid for two days and that is without adding any ice at all. Many times in cooler weather and the trip home, it has been 4 - 6 days till I could process them.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Check them out on EBay, some rediculously low prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. red hammer

red hammer Member

0   0   0

Call me I have a used 105 yeti like new lets deal 2109212803 Danny there is no comparison to yeti period if your yeti don't work call yeti and they will replace for free.

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Engel is a much better cooler than Yeti. Been in the business for a lot longer and in independent testing Engel beat them easily. For the price of the high end coolers you need to use them a lot or buying ice is a much better answer. I have an Engel a Yeti and 2 Grizzly coolers. My favorite is always the Engel. I also own a fairly new cooler brand called Colorado coolers. They offer some really nice new colors and are much cheaper. So far they hold up well also.

Search tags for this page
yeti type cooler

yeti type coolers