1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yeti or Engel cooler

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by APrice, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APrice

APrice Active Member

I have two models of the Yeti and like them. I looked at Engel and Yeti before purchasing and the Yeti seemed to be of better quality at a similar price. Only non-electric thing I've found to keep ice 3-5 days in the summer.

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I have two of the big ones and they are the last coolers I will ever buy. I have the yeti but aside from color and latches they are almost identical.

3. lc

lc TS Member

A friend of mine has had to send two (2) of the Yetis back. He keeps them in the back of his pickup truck and they both warped. No questions about Yeti replacing them but it took a few months. We do live in Florida and it gets hot.

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

If you can get past the hype that Yeti has you will buy the Engel hands down. Thye have been around a lot longer and their coolers actually measure the capacity that they are rated. In other words a 65 qt. will acftually hold 65 qts while a Yeti will come up a good bit short in interior capacity. The Engel will hold ice longer as well and the latches on the Engel are more user frindly. I have both and the Engel ios a better cooler. Do a search and you will find the tests that back up my comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.