1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yeti Coolers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Anyone out there have a Yeti Cooler? How do you like it? Worth the money?

2. james dent

james dent TS Member

i have two and are the best coolers out i have had alot of others and the yeti keeps ice for days

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Pricey but good. Well worth the investment. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

4. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

They are very well built and made to last for many years. They are a lifetime investment like a great gun or an exceptional pair of optics.

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Matt,I've got one and it's the best cooler on the market, bar none. Get one; you won't regret it!!

Ken Rucker

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have one but would reccomend a better brand if you can find an Engel dealer somewhere. The Engel coolers are actually true to size and keep ice a day longer than the Yeti's in my tests. I use the Engel way more than the Yeti.

7. Alamo

Alamo Member

I have one, it is a good cooler and keeps ice longer here in Texas heat BUT, they are heavy when empty and obviously even more so when loaded. Not the best choice if they are too be moved around.

Larry Hancock

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Yes, and yes they are heavy. So, which do you want to do. Keep buying ice, or get someone to help with the cooler? I opted for the not buying ice. Make my own and don't need any during the week at the lake.

Rick in MT.

9. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Just got back from Florida and used our Yeti every day. Always had plenty of ice even when the quality of the ice (crushed ice available at a motel) wasn't as practical for keeping things cold all day. I am going to get a larger size.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I Gott the cooler, just need to catch a Yeti to put in it.

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I have seen them many times on the fishing shows. They spend a small fortune on advertising. Funny you asked this question this week as I was at Bass Pro and looking at them this past week. Now I fished my boat for over a decade in S. Fla. year round. I got a Igloo 120qt. "sport" cooler for about half the price as the same Igloo "marine" type cooler. Both kept ice for over a day for me.(3 days after the hurricanes in the shade in my home) Only difference being rope handle and ribbets for the cussion top sold seperately for the marine. Now I saw the same Igloo Marine cooler for $140 this weekend and the Yedi for $400 this weekend. I'm sorry I just can't see spending that amount of difference for a cooler even if it held Ice for 2 days more. I used my cooler only on weekends, so it did not need to keep ice for days. Every time I caugh a fish and added it to the cooler, that melted more ice than anything the sun could do. Granted my Sport was the same cooler as todays Marine and can no longer be bought, the Marine still can. If I shop right I could buy 3 Igloo Marine's coolers for the price of one Yedi!!! I hope you never have to leave it outside, as I would be afraid to do so. I'd stick with the Igloo. Now, if you need to keep the ice all week, and used and needed it for work or business to help make a living, that a different story!!! My 2 cents. Break-em all. Jeff

12. james dent

james dent TS Member

wolfram i heard he is in sliver springs and likes peanut butter hard to catch he rides a harley

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

do they float? i had a nice, old coleman that sank like a rock into lake huron. of course, it had about a case of bottled stroh's in it. good luck with it

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Don't go there Jimmy!

How are the knees healing up?

15. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Must be one of those "I must have that brand no matter the cost".
    In my time Igloo, kept soda cool,kept soda, food and bait cool, then kept beer, food and bait cool, then kept milk, bait, baby food and formula safe.There was always a larger igloo available, a 120 kept large fish cool and fresh off shore
    Made first live baitwell from 48 qt igloo with help from Igloo what parts I needed.
    Then small hand held, 6 pac for kids to take food to school and so on. Was no brand Yeti Lee

16. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Well I don't know about others that have responded but I am not a brand buyer unless the brand has proven to work well. I worked out of a boat and did field work out of a Suburban for 28 years as a field fisheries biologist and water quality sampler and never had an Igloo, Coleman, etc. cooler that could keep ice for as long or in as good condition as the Yeti. Get what ever meets your needs. When I want the best keeping things cold I will use a Yeti.

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Easy to bad mouth something you cant afford in your mind. These coolers will pay for themselves in ice savings and less hassles if you use them all the time. Jeff

18. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The Engel coolers are still a better option for several reasons including price. They also will hold the number of quarts that they advertise while the Yeti"s will not. The Engel coolers will hold ice longer in my experience as well. And the latches on the Engel are much easier to operate than the Yeti's.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm stumped on this thread. Scratch scratch. It has not taken the normal ts.com thread path.

1)we have the OP question

2)we have the answer to the OP's question

3)we have the suggested other product thats actually better

4)we have the bad mouthing of said products

5)we have the bad mouthing of the person that bad mouthed the said products

6)we have the subtle attempt at humor

So where is the pics of the said products. Come on guys. You know the rules> :D

20. james dent

james dent TS Member

knees are good hoping to start shooting again got to get ready for quail and chukar did u get any tags

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

yeti cooler for overland trap