1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yeti Coolers. Are They Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Who here has a Yeti Cooler? WHat have you all heard about them? Good or bad. Thanks

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

They are great coolers but i also have an Engle and it is a better cooler for the money. Holds ice longer and actually measures inside what the capcity is stated. A 30 qt holds 30 qt. In Yeti's line they are over stated. Do a google search and you will find the Engle coolers are rated better as well.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I looked at coolers real hard and decided to buy a Coleman extreme. I looked at the ratings and cost and decided that if the Coleman didn't measure up I wasn't out much. I took the Coleman to the Ohio State Shoot with three frozen half gallon milk jugs in it along with all the sodas, beer and water. I filled it with crushed ice on Thursday morning. We used out of it, put in more drinks, no more ice. It still had some ice in it Monday morning. At 6pm that night we drank the last of the soda and it was still cold enough to drink. I think the frozen milk jugs were the key, block ice would work too. I'm taking it to the Grand and am curious how it will work out in the August heat of Sparta.$350 vs $55, easy decision.

4. sadpat

sadpat TS Member

no.... but they keep ice about 3 times longer than the typical igloo cooler

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I don't have one......I have two, and I wouldn't be without them. I go to the lake for a week in August. It's not hot according to some places, but the ice is still there when I come home. The only downside is the weight. They are heavy even empty, but once you have them full.....it's two people.

Rick in MT

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

YES!!! The key is to sack your own ice in a freezer. -5deg. Even in Mi8ssissippi where the temps get to 100 and a little more, if you do as recommended above and put drinks in they will vbe FROZEN for a day or two!

7. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Here ya go, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U Yeti is a waste of money.

Cheers,

George

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

That was a good video. Thanks for posting it.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That was a good and informative video. I was impressed by that Coleman Extreme. I may have to get me one of those as I just don't use a cooler long term enough to justify one of the higher end models. I thought the IRP looked like the best. It appeared to have the most ice left after 10 days and appears to be built like a tank although it probably costs as much as a tank. LOL

10. MRMOKI

MRMOKI Member

I have a 25 quart and it only keeps ice about 3 days at Sparta temperatures. It is quite heavy for being small capacity. Would not repurchase the small size. Jim Lemmons

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

12. pdq

pdq Member

very informative video.

Pete

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They are awful proud of the Yeti's, you could buy a lot of ice for the difference

About 30 years ago I was bored and had some 22 ga stainless steel left over from a job building duct for an operating room and decided to build the cooler of all times, it has 3 inch foam for insulation it measures 42X33X30 inside

Still have it it's heavy as hell but will keep the beer on ice for over two weeks

Maybe I should start making them commercially but doubt if I would sell many the SS would cost about $500 before we even started cutting and bending

14. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

thanks for posting the video!

15. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where we bowhunt in Utah in August, it reaches upper 90s every day. We use 4 Yeti 100 qt coolers. Ice is a 2hr drive. After 6 days of hunting, there is still ice in them. Have had Coleman,Igloo and some of the others that would only last 3 days and all that is left is water. I will not go back. Haven't Tried Engel or Irp. Bill

16. markc2

markc2 Member

Go with the Pelican. More insulation, better locks and better handles. Markc2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are yeti coolers worth the money
why yeti is a waste of money
yeti cooler waste

yeti cooler waste of money

yeti coolers waste of money