1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another question about clinics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've looked at quite a few websites for various clinics and pretty much all of them include a fair amount of time spent on gun fitting, which I know is important. But what if you are shooting a gun that doesn't have any adjustments, like a stock BT99 or 390. Most also spend some time on doubles, so if you don't shoot doubles you just lose that much time?

Or is the general opinion that if you're taking a clinic you should be shooting an adjustable gun, at least an adjustable comb, and shooting doubles?

I just don't want to pay for a clinic and then not get to participate in half of what the clinic offers.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think that you're wasting your time shooting if your gun doesn't fit properly. If your gun is a poor fit, your instructor can probably give you a hint as to what modifications are needed. Some gunfitters charge as much to fit you as an instructor charges for lessons.

Ed Yanchok

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"at least an adjustable comb"

Yep

4. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

At the Phil Kiner clinic I attended he had a supply of mole skin for comb changes as well as butt spacers, weights etc. I would contact the instructor and see what his thoughts are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.