1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

yet another choke question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tback, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tback

tback TS Member

I have a browinng 425(left handed) I purchansed from millers in delaware about 2 months ago, a great all around gun, I'm very happy with it. I trap shoot about 75% of the time but go to M&M in new jersey for sporting clays-great place! anyway, when I purchased the shotgun and told bob miller how I planned to shoot with it, he put on a IM extended choke on the bottom and and IC on the top(I purchased the browning midas extended chokes). Would anybody recommend changes. I understand the differences in the tightness of the shot/spread ie full-the tightest if I'm correct. thanks for suggestions

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I shoot a 425 for trap. While I use the basic INV+ chokes, if all you're shooting is singles - the IM is fine unless you wanted to tighten up a notch and throw in a full. If you're shooting any doubles, I would expect the more open choke in the "under" barrel, and shooting that one first.

Jay

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i loaded up some 1 oz. home made shot and shot 2 rounds of trap today with skeet chokes from 16 yards and broke targets just fine--powder no..but not just chips either.

bill

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The link above shows the Browning factory specs for chokes. Notice that these are more open than other aftermarket manufacturers because Browning rates their chokes in a different manner. I heard that Midas chokes are tighter than standard Invector Plus. The IC should be good for Sporting Clays but sounds too open for Trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browinng 425