1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
    This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
    Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

WHAT?

The "savior" lied?

I can't believe that. There must be some mistake.

HE PROMISED! HE PROMISED!

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

Yes, I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AND WE ARE IN DISTRESS!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Lord Soetoro is a LIAR?!?!?!?!?! How can this be?!?!?!

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

What I have found ironically funny is an article about this clown who actually voted for obama and is now down at the gun store paying a premium to get a hi capacity semi-auto before they are banned. How many of those guys were there anyway? Although more than 60 percent of the people voted - how about the other 35%. Were they apathetic gunners? Of the majority that voted for the super lib, how many were just voting against another republican who is old and cannot speak well.

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Hey flincher, nipper, trappy, chuck k-80, ziggy, et al. You there? Hello? Hello?

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pretty quite from the Obama boys.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

back up waiting for the response from the libs. (not holding my breath)

8. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

What if you already owned, lets say an AR-15... Does that get grandfathered in or do you have to turn it over to the nazis?

KK

9. JCS

JCS TS Member

Don't worry about having to turn in your guns . As soon as Osama has established his "Civilian Security Force " they'll come to your house and collect them.

10. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Nah they just going to make ammo so high nobody will be able to feed them.

11. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

NO HE CANT AND I WILL NOT TURN THEM OVER TO THE NEW GESTAPO!

Berettaman7

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ve haff ways!

13. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

And this is just the beginning. Where are the mouthy libs now?

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Obama and his crew will rot in hell before they get my guns

15. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I still love my country, even with O'boy..I fear my government! How long can he survive in that "bullet proof bubble"???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.