1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

YEAR WINCHESTER PUT A MONTE CARLO STOCK ON GUN?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    what year did winchester first start putting monte carlo stocks on their trap guns? what was the step up from a pigeon grade? what was the difference between a pigeon grade and the next step up?
    steve balistreri

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own an original Mod 12 Pigeon grade trap made in 1928 that has a a Monte Carlo stock on it.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Bruce- i didn't think monte carlo stocks were even invented around that time? the reason i am asking a friend has a model 12 trap from the 50's and he thought monte carlos started around that time? i love model 12's, i feel they are the best natural feeling trap gun ever produced. should someone find one that fits, you will have a target crunching machine for life. i had a pre 64 with Anton wood that fit me perfect. sometimes when i pulled the trigger and thought no way i would hit the target, i still broke it. i had someone talk me out of it, i was young and foolish. i purchased that gun years ago for $385.00. friend of mine who recently passed away purchased a standard grade model 12 trap and a pigeon grade from marshell fields in the 60's. the pigeon grade was $285.00, don't recall what the standard trap grade price was. he showed me the receipts, could not belive the price of the guns at that time.
    steve

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Steve....you have to remember that back in the '50s....if you were making $1 per hour, you were making some serious money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.