1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yardage refusal on line?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Today I received a yardage reduction in the mail. Several weeks ago I got a punch from the 26.5 to the 27. Obviously the ATA has not received the club shoot info yet. It states on the accompaning slip that you can now refuse a reduction on line. I don't know about earned yardage though because I cannot find anywhere on the ATA site where you can do this. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
    Steve Elliott

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Shawn, thanks. I guess I didn't make myself very clear on what my problem is. I do understand that I will be shooting from the 27. I just need help finding where on the ATA web site I might be able to do this on line instead of marking, signing and sending the slip in.

Steve

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I think what Shawn is saying is that no action is required on your part. Since the reduction is "void", the marking, signing and sending the slip in, is not necessary. I would imagine this would be applicable even if there was a place on the ATA website to do this. However, I couldn't find this feature on the ATA website either.

Bill Radwan

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Shawn, I don't know about online, but I've had very good results just by calling Kathy Key at 937-898-4638 x 516 or emailing her at kkey@shootata.com. She is the one responsible for maintaining handicap yardage records.

5. GoeWise

GoeWise Member

ATA Home page about ATA link then ATA forms

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Pocatello, I think I do need to contact Kathy. She has been good about answering questions and correcting errors for me before.

"If you have earned yardage within your last 1000 handicap targets, this reduction is void" (I do understand that part. Has happened to me before)"Please check the appropriate box below and return this slip and the new review card to the ATA office."(which I have done before). Last statement on the slip reads,"You now can refuse your reduction online at WWW.Shootata.com." What I was wondering, was,is there a place where you can also indicate that you have earned yardage and not have to return the slip and the card? My apologies for not being more specific or being too dense.

Steve

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Steve- Congratulations on your punch. It seems to me that it is not possible to either accept or reject a reduction that has been voided. A note, e-mail or telephone call to Kathy will insure that the ATA records are current and accurate.

Pat Ireland

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Another vote for dealing direct with Kathy Key - a saint!....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Pat, Ikey,thanks much. It's been quite a trip getting back there again. Got there in 1974 I believe and then quit shooting for quite some time. When I started shooting some again; the 27 was a humbling experience. I swallowed my pride and stepped forward. After that many years,it almost felt like a first again.

Ikey,good to hear from you. You'll be there in short order if I know you. Determined and persistent Right?

Bob Dodd, I totally agree with you about dealing with Kathy. Super efficient gal.

Thanks all,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.