Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yardage Reductions

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BIGDON 
#1 ·
What percentage of yardage reductions based on 1000 target reviews are refused?

John C. Saubak

#10 ·
I don't remember exactly either, Pat. And it's become way more complicated over time anyway.

There are two ways to refuse a reduction:

1. By assigning yourself a "D" or a "K" code, either of which will tell the Vandalia office - the computer there anyway - to pass you over. The delegate sees that and I'd say it might be five or ten percent on a particular reduction cycle.

2. Then there those who get a reduction and send it back as well and those who simply keep shooting from where they are. The delegate doesn't get notification of this.

Then there are things like H codes (two year holds for 1 1/2 yard punches) and I codes (voluntary yardage additions) that might well affect people who would refuse reductions but don't get them for other reasons. In other words, the "refusal" figure is not the clean number you might think it to be, it's partly determined by "non-resusal" factors.

Before all this, when it was pretty much shoot it or lose it, I did see that while about 20% (as I remember) was a fair national figure, state and regional differences were prominent. I do not recall the state where reductions are most accepted, but I do remember being surprised that with all this talk about a particular state, that's where the rate of refusals was _highest_, about 30%.

Neil

#12 ·
Silver I am so glad that you have nothing better to do than check my averages, maybe you should check the last 1000 targets, and be so concerned where I shoot from. I guess as long as I am spending my money and not yours you can take your info and put it you know where.

Don

#13 ·
Jerry: I am looking forward to that somewhat feeble attempt as someone has to help pay my fuel bill to get down to you. Don't tell old silver or is that sliver but the ATA made a error and it is now corrected. I like to keep those averages low so that I can sneak on unsuspecting soles such as you. Sorry you are not coming to the Grand, you could bring old snivler with you but he would probably bitch about the trophies.

Don

#14 ·
ok now lets think about this I keep my averages down so i can SNEAK in on some unsuspecting soles!!!!!!!!!!!!( in kentucky they call it sandbagging) I dont know for sure what they call in in mich....AND he would bitch about the trophies indcating that I would win some.. RIGHT again.....I would not think you will have that chance.And old silver will be there. so have at it there sneaky... we will see.and i must say you are doing a great job at keeping those averages low
\
see yea

#15 ·
Why don't you bring your decrepit old butt up north and try shooting some of these targets, snowing, blowing, cold and see where your average is. How do I sneak up on anybody from AA27A. If I wanted to sneak up on anyone I would take the reductions from the bad winter targets I shoot. From what I understand all you do is bitch and moan about everything anyway. Bob go have a good life and let me worry about my averages, which by the way I don't.

Don

#17 ·
Jerry; You are the only one I'm trying to sneak up on. But old Bob talks about sandbagging, How does he win as often as he claims and stay on the 25? Now that's what I call target management. Get comfy because it takes Bob a while to get up a head of steam and retort. I really don't know why he keeps wanting to start something with me. Maybe he is bored. I do find it entertaining tho.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.