1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

yardage reduction %

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nut, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nut

nut Member

What is the percentage brake point for the yardage reduction. I was at 91.38 and got two yard reduction.

2. ljutic148

ljutic148 Member

i feel that this is not correct and that there have been many mistakes. My grandfathers was at 90% and also got a two reduction. the break point is a lot lower than this but many people with high averages have gotten reductions

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

From the Rule Book:

Break points are different depending on zone:

Eastern Zone: 90%

Central Zone 91%

Southern Zone 89%

Southwestern Zone 90%

Western Zone 90%

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

nut, give us your ATA # and we'll double check for you.

5. TjayE

TjayE Member

Eastern Zone break point average has always been 89.00 %. When did the ATA change the break point average to 90.0% ?

6. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Hopefully someone can answer this question, otherwise I'll have to call the office: I'm a new shooter, last year was my first year registering singles and Handicap targets, I shot "at" 600 targets last year from the 20 w/ an average of 89 per 100. When I recieved w/ my new card I got a form to accept or refuse a 2 yard reduction. Does that mean I can shoot from the 18? (don't really want to!) Or am I not eligable because I'm under 1000 targets for the year. Thank you, John Terre Madison WI

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You can shoot from the 18 unless you punched since the date of the review which is on your new card. You can also refuse them by following the instructions.

8. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Thanks BigM; have not registered any targets since the Grand. I'm going to mail in my refusal asap, come on spring!! J. Terre

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You don't need to mail in a reduction refusal. You can use the online form at the link above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.