1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yardage Purse?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomr1, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomr1

tomr1 Member

This will be my first Grand and I am trying to determine what options to play in handicap. On the yardage purse option, how do you win? If you score a 96 or greater? If I score a 97 and lose in a shootoff does that matter or is it just based on your initial score?

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Shoot one of the high scores in your yardage group. Like a separate bet just between shooters in your group, 23yd - 25yd etc., or however it is broken down at the grand.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

shootoffs do not matter for options. only for added money.

if you know your going to shoot 96+, play all the options...

4. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

If you play the yardage group shootoff doesn't matter, whatever yardage group you are in let's say you are in 25-26 and there are 10 shooters I'm looking at the GAH for this reference. The option is $25 and it states 50/30/20% so if 10 shooters play that purse then there is $250 in the pot, $125 goes to 1st in your yardage group, $75 to 2nd, and $50 to 3rd. Don't play any option unless you fully understand it, usually at the Grand the 25s don't even net your money back. The lewis, yardage, jackpot, and if there is a ford purse are always good safe options. They will net the highest returns if you are breaking big scores and the lewis will pay for bad scores sometimes. Jake (refer to your Grand program for all information)

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Play all of the Money and then make sure you break 98,99, or 100 in each event, you'll be fine and you'll Thank me when its over ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I disagree somewhat from Jake.

If your shooting 96's in handicap, I'd suggest going to RJStuart.com and review the Grand results for the last several years.

7. tomr1

tomr1 Member

Well trust me, I wish I could guarantee 96's everytime. I was just trying to decide on what options to play. Based on my income restrictions, I am deciding on whether to shoot more events or play more options in the handicap events.

8. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Perazzi my mind is scattered this afternoon and I was trying to get too much info out at once, I was going to suggest that but I got side tracked and rambled like I always do. Yes, check out the payouts from last year and that will tell you what to play. Thanks Perazzi Jake

9. tomr1

tomr1 Member

My yardage is 21.5, with a 92.89 average at 1300 targets.

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

tomr1, if i was on that yardage and had that kind of average i would play the options. I think you are a big score just waiting to happen.
    Don

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The best thing about the yardage purse is that you compete for the money only against shooters in your yardage group. If you are at long yardage you play it and lose it's not like some sandbagger or lucky ducky on the 20 took your money.

I usually play it at larger shoots, Harlan and Leo appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.