1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

yardage information

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shot410ga, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How long have you spent (months-years)at the same yardage in handicap? I have a friend that has been on the 26 yard line for over seven years. Just wondering.

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

one year, four months at 23

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I have been the same handicap since I was born ... maybe even since the time of my conceivement.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

At the 23 for 6 months and finally raised the comb and made the 27 3 months later.

5. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I started on the penalty 23 then went to the 20 now I got to the 23.5 and I'm not sure if you round that off to the 24 or shoot from the 23 as I've never seen a .5 anywhere. I've been shooting since 07.

6. hoov

hoov Member

Am on the 23. Spent 11yrs on the 20,dont EVER want to go back to the 20

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Widowmaker -

You might want to click over to shootata.com before you head to your next registered shoot. There's a lot of good info in the rulebook regarding yardage, how it's earned, where to stand, where not to stand, etc.

Scott

8. XTTrapCombo

XTTrapCombo TS Member

Spent 9 years at the 20 and many guns. Picked one gun and once I started moving it was quick. Currentley at the 26.

9. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

on the 24 since july

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Been on the 25 yard line for about 20 years. Never shot enough, except one year to get a reduction; the following week shot an 89 at a small shoot, got one yard back, and bingo, back on 25 yards. Shot a 92 once at the Grand which was my best score. Over the past 20 years (exept 1 year as previously stated) did not shoot enough nor good enough to get at the yardage that I should be on. With a 94 average at singles sure don't believe my yardage is truely 25 yards, which should be the opposite of the "known ability" rule. Last 2 years no reason to shoot registered targets as it's just expensive practice at small shoots. In addition, the Grand moved from 250 miles to approx. 500 miles from me. I'm history. Darrell

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

widomaker

"I started on the penalty 23 then went to the 20 now I got to the 23.5 and I'm not sure if you round that off to the 24 or shoot from the 23 as I've never seen a .5 anywhere."

The answer to the question you didn't actually ask is found on page 22 of the online rulebook under

A. HANDICAP EVENTS

The second paragraph.

"A contestant must stand on the highest whole yardage punched on
    his/her card. For example, if a card is punched at 20.5 yards, the shooter
    will stand on 20.0 yards. However, if one-half (1/2) yard is then earned,
    the card must be punched to 21.0 yards and the shooter must stand
    on the 21.0 yard line."

Bob Lawless

12. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Thanks Bob:
    I would have looked before I went to shoot again which might be in Feb somewhere in NC they tell me they shoot all year. I'm looking for the 27 this year so I can squad with the Big Dogs :).

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

widomaker at this time I would like to wish you well in NC. If you can shoot ATA all year you should be on top in a couple of years. Well any way Good luck in the move.

Bob Lawless

14. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Thanks Bob:

Thats very nice of you to say.

This will be a big change for me being born in the Bronx and living in Orange County NY most of my life. As I told you before my dad is a retired NYPD. and mom was from the Bronx. The town we are going to seems very nice and the people in NC. are also very nice a far cry from what I expected. Its amazing how we get these stereotypes of people from the media and movies and then you meet them in person and its totally different then you ever expected. They are friendy personable and made me feel right at home. I'm going to have to work on my accent a bit. They tell me I sound like I'm from NYC. really bad. I never noticed it at all :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.