1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

YARDAGE DIFFERENCES?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

How does shooting change from the 24-27 compared to the 19-23? They say it is the same as 16's at the shorter yardage, but it's a whole new ball game after that. Could someone explain the differences?

Thanks, B.G.

2. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

I have found that once you get back past the 25 you really have to slow down and wait till you see the target and exactly the path that it is going to take because you only got one chance to get it - and if you make a bad move most of the time you'll hear lost behind you. At least thats what has worked for me so far!

J.D.

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

I don't think I shoot the target any differently, but I find a little mistake will cost a bird. I find that if I'm not really crushing singles then handicap is poor. A poorly broken bird in singles is a miss in handicap.
    Sonny

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I once read some where that there was no reason to miss a 16 yard target if you do everything correctly. It went on to say that from 27 yards you can do everything correctly and still miss a target on occation. I'm not sure that holds true today with the newer ammuniton and some very skilled shooters. I some times wonder though. Post-2

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wind at the 27 will kill even the best back line shooter.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

No magic or mystery. Any mistake in gun movement is magnified by the greater distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.