1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yardage Differences on a Squad.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Post 2, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I have a question for long yardage shooters. 25 to 27 yards. What is your opinion of the three yard acceptable difference between registered shooters on a squad as long as they are not adjacent to one another? The ATA has had this rule in place for several years. The PITA has adopted it for this coming year. Thanks for your input. Post-2

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Yardage Diffrences on a Squad.

This rule (3-yd. difference) is acceptable if acceptable between the two involved shooters. Otherwise 2-yd. max difference.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Two yards between adjacent shooters and a maximum of three yards difference in the squad(Rule IV G 2, page 17).

Pat Ireland

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm a life member of both associations and have no problems with the rule. To me it "seems" more a concern with the shot yardage situations than long...breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Whatever the yardage, if you are in front of an adjacent shooter, you should pay extra attention to being still when they are shooting. On shorter yardage squads this is more noticable because of the closer lateral distances.

6. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

Oh and if you're in front of the adjacent shooter, don't wear an orange hat.

7. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Post 2, I hope that the person doing the squading will only use the new PITA 3 yrd rule at the request of the shooters on a squad. I can only see if helping with squads that want to shoot together, and not the rest of us. I'm more excited that the PITA droping the 3 dram rule and going to a FPS like the ATA. Thanks David

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I don't like a guy on the 25 to my right, when I shoot the 27 (I'm right handed). It seems I see every little movement. However, I've shot that way mnay times, and try not to let it bother me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.