1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

yardage bump?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by warbux, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warbux

warbux TS Member

If you win your yardage group,how much of a bump do you get? and do you get any for second high handicap overall????
    thanx Joel

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The answer is somewhere between 0 and 2.5 yards. Check the rule book (p 27). It depends on the size of the shoot. Yes, second place or even 25th place can get a punch with a score of 96 or higher. I got a 1.5 yard punch and did not even get into a shoot off for my yardage group.

Pat Ireland

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Winning your "yardage group" will only get you a punch if your score is 96 or better (ATA) and/or if your score relative to ALL scores ie not only your yardage group, qualifies for a punch based on the "Earned Yardage Table".

According to the Earned Yardage Table 2nd highest score will not receive a punch until there are at least 70 handicap shooters.

Jason

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

actually one get the punch winning "nothing" if they TIE for the top honors. There have been cases of not winning ANYTHING and getting the punch. I have seen cases where where there were 3 high scores of 97. The first and second places in the shootoff took Champion and Yardage group(there was no runner up spot). The 3rd guy(lowest score in the shoot off) only got a yard of realestate for his trouble, but ALL got the punch since the punch is based on high "score", not on winning. Another time the guy tieing for high score thought he had it in the bag and left. Two guys in the LAST squad came in with a score to tie his. Since he was gone, they took winner and yadage and he got zip(except a yard in the mail).

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

On another note, my wife got two yards for a 97 in the of the Handicaps at the 1980 Grand. In those days, a Category shooter could takethe CAT., AND place trophy. Another lady broke a 99 and took second but also took the ladies trophy. All my wife got was a two yard punch and nothing else(the rules have since been changed and now one can only take one trophy per event).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.