1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Y'ALL THOUGHT TRAP RULES ARE STRICT?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 221, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Y

<EM>"ISSF Statement Concerning Shooting Clothing
    The ISSF urges all National Federations to study these rule interpretations carefully to ensure that their athletes and coaches who will compete in the 2011 World Cups are prepared for them. For rifle shooters whose shooting jackets, trousers and boots were in full compliance with ISSF Rules during 2010 competitions, these rule interpretations should not require them to make any significant changes.

For shooters who try to use jackets and trousers that measure at or near the maximum stiffness of 3.0mm, they will need to make sure their clothing is somewhat more flexible since stiffness measurements below 3.0mm and thickness measurements greater than 2.5mm are not acceptable. The small percentage of rifle shooters who have persisted in walking stiff-legged and flat-footed must learn to walk normally when they wear their trousers and boots. Competitors with any clothing item that has small panels or large pads that make it impossible to find a 60mm area to measure stiffness must be aware that measurements of those panels will now be made over the pads, seams or letters if necessary. Any athletes who may have tried taping techniques need to know that this is illegal and will be checked."</EM>

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, the rifle shooters shoot off hand, and wear really, really stiff clothing to help them hold steady. And I guess they're trying to limit the stiffness.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Muti position rifle competition is full of rules. I have even had a protractor wedge jamed against my arm to be sure my prone position was within legal limits of angle. What would you think if you had to stand in line and have you shotgun checked for rules violations before every match, and if you placed well, have it rechecked to be sure no one can challenge your win? I like the competition, but the proceedures made me crazy.

As a rifle shooter who started with a simple canvas coat and made the transition to a leather reinforced "hard back" coat I learned a few things. The stiff coat with the 6 tight adjustable straps did help when I was a moderately successful shooter, but was very uncomfortable and hot. Then I got serious about my offhand game and started training every day for months at a time. By the time I really was serious, I shot the same scores with the canvas coat as with the hardback coat. In bad weather conditions, I actually shot better with the canvas, because I did not get so over heated. The hardback coat now belongs to a man in Mississippi, and a plain old green canvas coat is in my gear bag.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Shooting sports nazis!!

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's why I like plinking and varmint hunting.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Would starched underwear be OK or do they regulate that as well???

Do they make you line up for inspection?

What a joke.

7. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Folks,

The reason for rifle/pistol clothing rules it to level the playing field. Some of the countries will push the envelope as far as possible to gain an advantage. If not put in check the shooters would be carried to the line because they could not walk as thier leather jackets and pants would be board stiff to give them support. IN addition to the clothing rule the shooters must now change in changing rooms instead of on the line. Yes the rifle shooters used to change into their garb on the line. They would strip down to underwear and put on their shooting jackets and pants on the line. Now I'm not a prude but it makes for difficulty in televising the events.

As for the clothing the shotgunners wear the ISSF was mandated to impliment a dress code by IOC in response to the shabby clothing being worn by athletes at Olympic matches. You would not beleive it!! So ISSF now mandates dress so all the athletes look presentable. A shame that this had to be done but the Olympics is a business and sponsors will not put up money to sponsor ratty looking athletes. Even the officials are under this dress code. So no more cut off shorts, holely blue jeans, tank tops, flip flops and the like.

IOC and ISSF should never have had to say anything!!

Jack Burch
    ISSF B Judge
    ISSF Shotgun Referee

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Rules for FITASC sporting clays competition

Chapter 17 - Dress
    17.1 Competition participants must be properly dressed. Short
    shorts are not permitted; only long shorts (Bermuda
    type at most 5 cm above the knee) are permitted. It is
    not permissible to be naked under a skeet vest. Shirts
    must have at least short sleeves and a collar or, without a
    collar, must have a round neck (like a tee shirt). Wearing
    sandals is not permitted for safety reasons. The shooter's
    number must be attached to his/her back and be fully
    visible. Any failure to observe these rules is penalized by
    a first warning from the referee and, if the shooter fails to
    rectify his/her dress, subsequent penalties may extend to
    expulsion from the competition by decision of the jury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.