1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ya wanna bet?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rotide, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotide

Rotide TS Member

I'm interested in collecting various types of side bets and betting games played among shooters outside of the normal options as the basis for an article or series of articles. Anyone contributing will get a copy of the article when it's published. If available, it would be nice to know where the scheme originated and who plays (i.e. amongst a squad, a closed group, open to anyone, etc.) Email contributions or post to the thread. Thanks,

Gmij

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Sometimes on the last round of the day the five who are left will each ante up one dollar and shoot from the 27-yard line. High score takes the pot.

Porcupine

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Bet a buck a bird.

I beat you by 5 on the hundred, you owe me five bucks.

4. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

One soda each 25, with ties carrying over to the next 25. Another one on the total score, summing up to 5 sodas each 100. It's possible to lose on the total score, yet still come out one soda ahead. This is great for preparing for shootoffs, as each 25 is basically a shootoff, regardless of who is winning overall.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

On the practice trap, anybody who wants to bet a buck on high score. Cheap and a little fun.

6. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

Some of the bets I have done while shooting practice(?) with people.............

use each others guns for a round.

shoot with your "off" hand.

shoot 1/2 a round right handed and the other half left handed.

hold low gun when calling for the bird.

hold low open gun when calling for the bird.

the other person says pull for you and vise versa.

The list goes on and on.

7. Rotide

Rotide TS Member

Good stuff, please keep it coming.

While shooting in BC once, a chap on our squad suggested this: If the shooter ahead of you misses and you miss too, it costs you $1 (for the 2nd miss). If the third shooter misses, it's $5 to him (3rd in a row). At the end of a round its easy to add up on the score sheet, but everybody pretty much knows what they owe. The shooter that owes the least takes the pot. Oddly enough, the shooter that suggested this game also won. Do you think I was had? It does have the effect of making you concentrate on the next target!

GmiJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.